CompVR vs CompVX (Part 2)

Participant count
  • Participant list
Once again I will ask this question.. I asked it earlier today and all people could tell me was to change brands, that's not an option.. One of my Kicker CompVRs has blown. I'm kind of stuck between choosing to replace both subs with new CompVRs or CompVXs. I know the obvious choice would be CVX but I am also taking it into consideration that my truck could barely handle the CVRs. What do you guys suggest? If you're going to just say negative **** about Kicker, just keep it to your self..

Is your truck made of cardboard that cvrs almost took it out? Lol were just ******* with you man honestly though NOBODY here will tell you to keep kicker its literally garbage. But if it makes you happy fine, get whatever tickles your pickle because like i said no one will ever say "get (blank) kickers"

We are trying to help u out dude....I was like u last year. Had 2 15" L5's an thought I was doing it, WRONG. If cost is an issue check out SoundQubed. Other than tht do some research or take ur *** to Walmart an get watevr u think ur Pos truck can handle. Go on YouTube an chek out some real systems. I'm sure u weren't flexing like them....

Once again I will ask this question.. I asked it earlier today and all people could tell me was to change brands, that's not an option.. One of my Kicker CompVRs has blown. I'm kind of stuck between choosing to replace both subs with new CompVRs or CompVXs. I know the obvious choice would be CVX but I am also taking it into consideration that my truck could barely handle the CVRs. What do you guys suggest? If you're going to just say negative **** about Kicker, just keep it to your self..

Since you've never experience other brands, dont automatically assume they are just for performance with no longevity. Truth is They will last A LOT LONGER then kickers. Kicker uses weak motors, small voice coils(cant handle power or clipping well = early death) Kicker falls under the mediocre category, not the best sounding nor the loudest and is a bit overpriced but if you seriously want to buy them then go ahead because they still get the job done for bass cravings. Just need to know and accept the differences and why people try to steer you away from them, these guys on this site generally have good intentions but poor delivery on the message.

For your options, grab the CVX and turn the bass down if you think your truck cant handle it but at least you can have fun and show off when you need to right? Just make sure you get a proper enclosure for them. Dont throw them in a small sealed box, they need to be in huge custom ported enclosures to do well. It would be an injustice to the kicker brand you love so much if you just stuffed em in a cheap chinese prefabricated ported box bought off ebay/amazon/local audio store. You well need a 1000 watts rms kicker amp along with kicker 4 gauge wiring kits. Kicker speakers and of course, the most important part, a kicker Digital signal processor. All out kicker yeah! lol. Doesnt matter what you run as long as its not pyle, boss or utter garbage, then rock on dude bassheads needs be accepting of each other everywhere!

Is your truck made of cardboard that cvrs almost took it out? Lol were just ******* with you man honestly though NOBODY here will tell you to keep kicker its literally garbage. But if it makes you happy fine, get whatever tickles your pickle because like i said no one will ever say "get (blank) kickers"
I have a 99 Suburban. Only an *** will interpret that statement as my truck being made out of tissue. I was referring to the electrical system when I said it could barely handle the CVRs. You're exactly the type of dumbf**k that I didn't want to hear from..

I have a 99 Suburban. Only an *** will interpret that statement as my truck being made out of tissue. I was referring to the electrical system when I said it could barely handle the CVRs.
That's the amp not the subs bud. What amp where you using? I'm going to go out on a limb and say what amp that will push this subs a honda civic could handle IF it's set right.

Since you've never experience other brands, dont automatically assume they are just for performance with no longevity. Truth is They will last A LOT LONGER then kickers. Kicker uses weak motors, small voice coils(cant handle power or clipping well = early death) Kicker falls under the mediocre category, not the best sounding nor the loudest and is a bit overpriced but if you seriously want to buy them then go ahead because they still get the job done for bass cravings. Just need to know and accept the differences and why people try to steer you away from them, these guys on this site generally have good intentions but poor delivery on the message.
For your options, grab the CVX and turn the bass down if you think your truck cant handle it but at least you can have fun and show off when you need to right? Just make sure you get a proper enclosure for them. Dont throw them in a small sealed box, they need to be in huge custom ported enclosures to do well. It would be an injustice to the kicker brand you love so much if you just stuffed em in a cheap chinese prefabricated ported box bought off ebay/amazon/local audio store. You well need a 1000 watts rms kicker amp along with kicker 4 gauge wiring kits. Kicker speakers and of course, the most important part, a kicker Digital signal processor. All out kicker yeah! lol. Doesnt matter what you run as long as its not pyle, boss or utter garbage, then rock on dude bassheads needs be accepting of each other everywhere!

Thanks man.. At least someone on this site knows how to talk with some freaking sense

Everybody is talking sense and trying to help you. People are not going to help you waste money and fail. If you're dead set on kickers than go to Wally World, they will be sitting right next to the sony xplodes.

That's the amp not the subs bud. What amp where you using? I'm going to go out on a limb and say what amp that will push this subs a honda civic could handle IF it's set right.
Kicker ZX 1500.1. It's the electrical system, not the amp. My problem is voltage drops.

yeah you might need to look up the big 3 upgrade Maybe an agm battery under the hood when your battery dies out. Check your grounds make sure its solid, bare metal to metal with no layer of paint between the metal. Grab a digital multi-meter set your gains via the DMM method(google it up) But definitely do the big 3(google that up too)

Kicker ZX 1500.1. It's the electrical system, not the amp. My problem is voltage drops.
Simple fix.. Turn all the boost off since they already should be off and back the gain down till it stops.

Real fix.. Upgrade the alternator or add a second one.

Read up on the big 3 and get a nice battery under the hood. Not a optima, they are not nice batteries

Haha ******* i got a 90c1500 4.3L, and the stock electrical could handle probably 800W easy which what cvrs can take so thats where my tissue statement comes from. If your electrical couldnt handle 2 cvrs your amp isnt set right AT ALL, whoch probably why you blew the other cvr.

Everybody is talking sense and trying to help you. People are not going to help you waste money and fail. If you're dead set on kickers than go to Wally World, they will be sitting right next to the sony xplodes.
How are they talking sense if the only thing they are saying is "you need something else" "kickers are trash".. I would rather these ******** not comment at all if they're not going to make suggestions or explain they're reasoning, which is what I asked for in the first place.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.