Compustar Alarm Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

SRim23
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
OH
Ok, so I have a Compustar 2w900FMR installed in a 2005 Honda Civic EX. It's been installed in the car since it was new by the previous owner. It was done by a local shop. For two years this has been happening and I just dealt with it, but now I want to know if there's something I can do.

Whenever it gets sunny and warm in my car my remote wont work. Today it was 70 here. Obviously inside the car was warmer. The remote is supposed to work from 3000 Ft but standing next to my car with the remote next to the antenna (located on the front windshield) it wouldnt unlock my car.

When the sun went down, cooled off, it works like a charm. Is this a common problem? Anything I can do? The antenna malfunctioning, the brain maybe?

It is a defective Antenna...I have seen it before. the dealer you bought it from should be able to exchange it for you.
even if its like 3 or 4 years old? like most products the warranty says original purchaser so unless they are feeling generous i think itll cost me some cash to replace it... I'll give compustar a call and see. thanks.

These new antennas have had issues with drastic temperature changes. The DEI antennas do the same thing with cold temps. At this point I would suggest getting your local dealer to replace it. It will be cheaper replacing an antenna opposed to anything else.

The only other thing I could think of would be window tint with metal barrier. Doubtfully though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.