Comps for new camaro

Participant count
  • Participant list

Seank

Hello everyone! In my last vehicle (ion redline), I had a zapco amp powering 2x10 Rockford fossgates and an alpine mrv powering id 65cs comps (passive) in front/ id69's in rear, going to a clarion cz702. I also put deadening foam down through the entire cabin as well as deadened the doors with cld tiles, used mdf spacers and modeling clay, and sealing off any openings- much like the deadening sticky here. I was VERY pleased with it, considering it was on a student budget. I've since graduated and I'm working in my field now, and I recently purchased a 2016 camaro which came with the Bose system which has certainly been a step down from what i had. Now that i have a decent income, id like to get to working on an install for this vehicle. I'd like to step up from whatwhait I had in my last vehicle. I will be retaining the stock head unit because a lot of the vehicles settings are controlled through the head unit, Which I'm sure is going to be a whole new can of worms period from what I understand, I will Most likely have to get an external processor... I liked having that surround type of sound that you get from front and rear speakers, but a lot of what I read on here says to forget rear speakers and focus on the front. There's literally no back seat in the Camaro, so it seems silly to have speakers in the back. I can take the money from buying rear speakers and put that into better speakers on the front end. Anyway I've just started looking, and it's the same thing all over again. So many choices! I'm starting up front with components, then the amp, then subs and amp. I was very pleased with image dynamics, so I'm looking at their xs series, Hertz HSK, Hertz MLK, morel virtus, I've heard good things about focal and JL as well. I believe the vehicle comes stock with 6x9s in the front, what would you guys recommend for the front stage, so far as comps go?

I like the Hertz MLs a lot. I really want to try Audible Physics RAM in a near future.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

It all depends on your goal and budget.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.