Components or a subwoofer...?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bobby_7
10+ year member

so im getting a new car and since i have moved off to college, i can't really turn up my stereo as it is just an open door for someone to break into my car and steal it, so i am thinking of going pure SQ, not SQL

anyway, i have a 13Ov.2 that i just bought and i am thinking about selling it and buying some components in the $120 range....

so should i sell my sub and get components or should i keep the sub and save up for some components??

another idea i thought of was to buy some used components or some DIY components for about $50 and then get an AA Assassin and that would equal about $120 and i think it might be a good start to an SQ system.....any ideas??

so im getting a new car and since i have moved off to college, i can't really turn up my stereo as it is just an open door for someone to break into my car and steal it, so i am thinking of going pure SQ, not SQL
anyway, i have a 13Ov.2 that i just bought and i am thinking about selling it and buying some components in the $120 range....

so should i sell my sub and get components or should i keep the sub and save up for some components??

another idea i thought of was to buy some used components or some DIY components for about $50 and then get an AA Assassin and that would equal about $120 and i think it might be a good start to an SQ system.....any ideas??
Go diy, that way you can have your whole system.

yea i say go DIY route and buy the assassin. but also remember you probably would need an HU that has a 3 way xover.

some very good options within your price range:

mids - dayton rs180, AA poly mid (never heard either of them but read good review on them and fall within your price range) about $35 a speaker.

Tweets - LPG 25nfa or Seas 27AFNC/G (owned the lpg's and never heard the seas) roughly $29-$43 a tweet.

i was thinking maybe going with a mach 5 audio midbass and tweets....i have no idea....

i can pick up an assassin 10 for $70 or i can go with an assassin 12 for $90 and i already have a 2 cube box @ 29Hz for a 12 that i could slap it in so that i dont have to build a box right now....i think i'll go with the 10 but who knows

my HU is a Panasonic CQ-8100U or something like that, it has a lot of options, but i dont know about a 3-way xover...

if i get one of the speakers you recommended, im looking at $70 just for midbass, and then another $60 for tweets, so i'll have to go cheaper than that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.