Components for Alpine pdx-5

I'd stick with a single component set up front and forget about rear fill. You can always add that in later, but with proper amplification you should be pleased. I would try and fit the 6.5's if you can find a way to accommodate them. I've heard the SR's and really liked them. I can't comment on the Hertz, but hear nothing but great things as well. As someone else suggested be sure to deaden and seal the doors. It will not be worth the investment if you don't.

I'd stick with a single component set up front and forget about rear fill. You can always add that in later, but with proper amplification you should be pleased. I would try and fit the 6.5's if you can find a way to accommodate them. I've heard the SR's and really liked them. I can't comment on the Hertz, but hear nothing but great things as well. As someone else suggested be sure to deaden and seal the doors. It will not be worth the investment if you don't.
Sorry to say I will not be install it! I have an installation shop that will be doing it! I will check on another Honda specific site if the OEM grid will work after a 6.5" is installed.

Thats for the reply. Polk just intro a knock off of the SR6500 called the MM6501

Does anyone know?

The MM6501 are marine certified so unless you plan on taking your car scuba diving..... hahaha

Sorry to say I will not be install it! I have an installation shop that will be doing it! I will check on another Honda specific site if the OEM grid will work after a 6.5" is installed.
Thats for the reply. Polk just intro a knock off of the SR6500 called the MM6501

Does anyone know?

Made my components purchase today!

Here is what I finally bought shown below:

Alpine pdx-5 - amp

Kenwood KTC-HR200 - HD Radio Module

Kenwood KVT512 with Navigation - headunit

Alpine SPX-17Pro - fronts

Alpine SPR-69C - rears

Kicker 10" - sub and box

I fought the strong desire to buy cheap, since I have already put so much into the car what another $2.2K?

I listen to mostly popular music so many of the speakers that I was going to purchase; would not be the best for my listening musical pleasures.

What do you think?

Well finally got it installed this week and it was not $2.2K but around $3.6K! I was hoping the installation would be around the $900 range but it ran over that to $1,359. It finally got done and it nice but not super "great" compare to my other cars.

I mean that compare to the BOSE factory audio in another car; it is better but not that much better. I paid for the BOSE system only $1.3K when I purchase the car new.

Oh well! I kind of disappointed!

I learn that factory installed car audio seems to be better for the price then aftermarket. The labor kills the car audio IMO!

you already have a decent system to notice a big improvement over your factory bose just remember that proper installation, tuning and deadening will bring out the best in any system.

I learn that factory installed car audio seems to be better for the price then aftermarket. The labor kills the car audio IMO!

You should have spent 200 bucks and drove out to San Diego and I would have helped you install everything for free. Plus, you could have bought all the stereo equipment for a cheaper price from a company online or even Ebay.

And I happen to live 70 yards away from the ocean so you could have done a bit of surfing too!

Well the speakers are starting to break in and the sound is much clearer and more detailed. I am beging to enjoy the sound much more now! I have them know for over 2 weeks or so! I cannot wait to follow up in a month time frame.

Still, I had no choice but to install what I felt was the best components at the $2K range. The installation was double the price they quoted me and so I will not use them again. I had my car alarm installed at Best Buy and they quoted me a price and they stuck with it! I will be doing more business with Best Buy. Please they were more professional and had a much more modern shop and equipment. Did not have to wait for parts to come and they had installation manuals to use. The high end shop I went to just winged it! Did not even looked at the installation manuals and I had to guide them through some of the installation of the radio and amp!

Very disappointed in the service. They did not really care about the installation job only the hours spent!

You should have spent 200 bucks and drove out to San Diego and I would have helped you install everything for free. Plus, you could have bought all the stereo equipment for a cheaper price from a company online or even Ebay.

And I happen to live 70 yards away from the ocean so you could have done a bit of surfing too!

Dam! I love your life. It reminds me of Charlie Harper(Charlie Sheen of Two and Half Men). Thanks for the invite! I just trying to finish this car before it time to store it away for the winter!

Best to you!

Guess what? I found a high pitch coming from me speakers when the volume is turn down to zero! The installation shop said it was not "ground" enough. I have an appointment this Wednesday to get it fix!

I am so bummed out!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.