Components and kick panels....

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gauntlet
5,000+ posts

bulletproof
Ok, here is the situation. Right now I have a pair of Infinity Kappa 693.5i's in my rear deck, being powered by my HU (Pioneer 8400). Of course, this isnt nearly enough juice, so i'm looking to add another set of speakers, and both pairs will be powered by my Cadence Z4000 (75x4 @ 4 ohms) which I got for xmas. I have a few optiions though: right now I already have two 6x9 boxes, plus two 6x9 to 5.25 adapter brackets. One option would be to add another pair of Infinity 6x9s, which although it would be the cheapest, I'd rather have a set of Infinity Perfect components. Not having much experience with comps, I need some advice.

My 6x9 adpater brackets can hold a 5.25 inch speaker plus a 1" tweeter. So theoretically, I could drop the comps in the boxes and leave it like that, which was my first option because I already have 2 pieces of the puzzle. But after reading up on comps a little, i've read that kick panels are really the way to go. Unfortunately, of 4 local shops around me, the cheapest for a custom kick panel enclosure is 225.....which I'm really not looking forwarding to spending. Any suggestions on which option I should go with?

And another question....for installing a set of comps.....how does it work? The tweeters and woofers voice coils go to the crossover.....but does one coil come out, like on the Infinity passive crossover and that goes straight to the amp, or would I have to wire the woofers coil to my amp, and the tweeters coil to my HU?

Thanks for all the help

Tell me about it. When I went into the shop I was thinking itd be like 125-150, when the guy said 225 I was just like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif That was the cheapest too, the highest was 300. It's ridiculous.

Anyways, any suggestions?

LOL

I meant suggestions for my setup. If you can convince me that kick panels are far superior to my other option with the 6x9 boxes, then i'll find a way to get them done for less than 200. I'll drive to fuc*ing Canada if I have to.........well, maybe not Canada, but I sure as hell am not paying 225.

And I know you have the answer to the question on installing the comps, so spit it out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.