Component suggestions.

cotjones
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I'm installing some components in my ford fusion and I figured I'd post an obligatory recommendation request for advice.

I'm still rocking the old-school Rockford Fosgate 700x which I LOVE.

It produces:

175 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms or

87.5 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms

Small caveat. The built-in wells for the tweeters are fairly narrow, I'd say I'm going to have to go for a 3/4" tweeter or mount them to the backs of the wells, effectively shooting them through about a 1" long tube. The wells are about 1 1/4" in diameter. I can live with mounting them on the backs as long as the tweeters are not super directional.

I'm fairly certain I need 6 1/2's for all 4 doors.

The Sub stage is 3-JL audio 10" W6v2's on 1500 watts. So i'd really like something that could keep up as best as possible without distorting or getting harsh.

I listen to a very wide range of music, but mostly EDM. I love Punchy and Clear highs.

A good reference track for what I like is Mura Masa - "Lovesick ****".

I'm not crazy, and i'm not made of money, so don't recommend something that is like $1000 per set.

I'm looking to get the best bang for buck. Since I've been out of the game for years I wonder what you all would recommend.

So far I've been strongly considering the

JBL GTO608c's

Especially since I can find them for under $80 per set.

Will these leave me disappointed? I don't mind going up in price a little for significantly better performance. Just don't get crazy.

I do not have much experience with many different components, but I will say that I bought Alpine Type-R components for my wifes car and liked them so much that I bought the same for all 4 doors in my car. Good bang for buck! Nice and clear high's and decent mids. Not as squeaky as say some Kappa's but plenty of treble.

The XSP6KIT drivers from NVX have received great reviews. Not cheap, but you get a whole lot of performance for the price. From what I've read, they are like the Arc Audio Blacks, but at a much more affordable price point.

NVX XSP6KIT 6.5" X-Series Component Car Speakers System

xsp6kit.jpg

I have Hybrid Audio 6.5 Imagines ($300.00) and absolutely love their sound. In fact I just bought a set of carbon fiber 6.5 Legatia SEs for the front doors to replace them (the Imagines will go in the rear doors)

One nice thing about the Imagines is that the tweeters can be unscrewed from the co-ax configuration and used as components.

I would recommend spending at least 2/3rd of your budget on the front door set since you want nice gear for the critical front stage. The rear speakers will be used for fill, and can be much cheaper since you will typically fade them back to 25% or less compared the front.

It it was me, I'd save up for the $300 Imagines, and then buy something more inexpensive ( ie something plain Jane like the Rockford Fosgate R165S R1 6.5-Inch 2-Way Components ~ $65) for the rear doors. Would sound great and be well under $500

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.