Component speakers recommendation for newbie

Hermsker

CarAudio.com Newbie
-2006 Honda Ridgeline

-Listen to mostly jam bands, blue grass, progressive rock. Want solid all around sound. Nothing to bass heavy, but hopefully not extremely lacking bass either

-Already ordered Sony XAV7000. I know it has mixed opinions but I liked not having to mess with amp settings wiring. 4x45 RMS built in amplifier

-will be running 6.5 components and tweeters up front and 6.5 coaxial rear. No sub, no additional amp

-what speakers should I look at. Not really limited by price but everything in that restive RMS range runs about the same. I'm intrigued by JL c2 650s but open to literally anything

-is it best to match the components or coaxial, or could you say, go for something higher for components and get non matching rear coaxials designed for more bass?

Thanks for the help!

The JL's would be decent, albeit pricey for what you get, in my opinion.

Also check out Rockford, Hertz, Kicker, Focal, and Morel.

ive looked at all of these on Crutchfield and they're all basically the same. Any specific model or brand recommendation from the above the list?

Anything in the price range of those C2's, really...

Hertz or Morel would probably be the better choices, but it's hard to make recommendations since every speaker gives a subjective experience to each listener. Best bet would be to hit up every car audio store in your locale (if you have any) and audition as many speakers as you can.

-2006 Honda Ridgeline

-Listen to mostly jam bands, blue grass, progressive rock. Want solid all around sound. Nothing to bass heavy, but hopefully not extremely lacking bass either

-Already ordered Sony XAV7000. I know it has mixed opinions but I liked not having to mess with amp settings wiring. 4x45 RMS built in amplifier

-will be running 6.5 components and tweeters up front and 6.5 coaxial rear. No sub, no additional amp

-what speakers should I look at. Not really limited by price but everything in that restive RMS range runs about the same. I'm intrigued by JL c2 650s but open to literally anything

-is it best to match the components or coaxial, or could you say, go for something higher for components and get non matching rear coaxials designed for more bass?

Thanks for the help!

that Sony May or May not actually put our 45 per channel so I would look for something with higher sensitivity.

-2006 Honda Ridgeline

Thanks for the help!

What did you end up going with and how did it sound? Currently looking at the exact same setup and am worried I won't have enough power for Hertz or morel components.

It really just clutters everything up with people like me having to ask the same question again and someone answering with a guess instead of experience.

Not sure what you were getting at?
Topic of the post is what I was getting at. It wasn’t till I posted I then realized it’s an old post that was revived

People always ask for advice, but never answer back whether said advice was good or ****.
It's been particularly frustrating for me the past couple weeks seeing what to expect running a set of components with only 45w since all the replies are get a real amp and feed them twice that. Meanwhile whoever actually runs them at lower power never posts results.
Topic of the post is what I was getting at. It wasn’t till I posted I then realized it’s an old post that was revived
I guess I am the off topic one here, not that op is looking at the thread anymore anyway. Maybe I'm cheap but tempo integras seem like a lot of speaker for this combo, I have been between the maximo 6 and Hertz dsk 165 though. Not sure which will be softer up top and punchier at the bottom with the given power.

It's been particularly frustrating for me the past couple weeks seeing what to expect running a set of components with only 45w since all the replies are get a real amp and feed them twice that. Meanwhile whoever actually runs them at lower power never posts results.

I guess I am the off topic one here, not that op is looking at the thread anymore anyway. Maybe I'm cheap but tempo integras seem like a lot of speaker for this combo, I have been between the maximo 6 and Hertz dsk 165 though. Not sure which will be softer up top and punchier at the bottom with the given power.
It’s what I have in my Tundra and I love them over other morel, Polk, JBL and Skar door speakers I have tried

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.