Component questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

ENDER_XVICM
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Alright I am having some problems making this decision partly because I am not sure of how to do the Type X setup.

I have a TXA 3002 and a TXA 3004.

My original plan was to get rid of the 3002 and get another 3002 and use these to power two pairs of SPS 600C. That is easy enough to do.

in the for sale section I found this:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...&highlight=SPX

Quote:

Originally Posted by f1solara View Post

Hi Everyone,

Here is what I'm selling:

2 x SPX tweeters

2 x SPX-107R 4" mid

2 x SPX-177R 6.5" mid

2 x SPX-177R XOVER

2 x SPX-177MB 6.5" midbass

brand new never used but the measured

inductance and the impedence is written on each speaker.

all for $220obo + shipping

or pickup in So Cal area.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/echanph...7607953400666/

great set I was going to build into my doors but ended up

buying a set of Dynaudios.

Also I have a set of Dynaudio System 240MKII available.

not sure how much these are going for but send PM if Interested

Cheers.

I would assume that these speakers even tho they are the previous version of the Type X would still have better SQ than the newer Type S. If I am wrong please correct me.

Now some of the issues questions I have.

I found this documentation on Alpines website.

http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products...M_SPX-177R.PDF

From that post I see I will have the 2 tweeters 2 4"s and 4 6.5" drivers and 2 crossover networks. In the documentation with those drivers it seems that I would need a total of 4 crossovers. How would I wire and configure all this hardware to work. Would i need more amps, different amps? active crossovers?

And also I have holes cut in my doors already 5" each. These would fit the SPS 600C midranges fine. For the SPX 17MB drivers I would need to expand to 5.2" which wouldent be too difficult. I have LEDs in the doors though and it might bring the drivers too close together to use the grills which shouldent be a problem. but it might also bring my blade or whatever i use to cut the holes out too close to the LEDs damaging the work I have already done. The other measurement is mounting depth. I have 2.75" and mounting depth is 2.8"shouldent be a problem, right?

Lastly is price difference. The two pairs of SPS would cost me about 100 bucks with BB discount. The Spx are 220 + shipping? with the extra work required is it worth it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.