Component Crossover tuning off/Protect Mode? Help!

I have a Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 component set powered by a Pioneer PRS D800 amp. The components are 100w RMS/400w peak. The Pioneer PRS D800 is 125w @ 4 ohm continuous. At high volume the Infinity crossovers turn off or go into protect mode. Im not getting any distortion at all. Its not the amp turning off because the left and right speakers turn off at different times and the amp light stays on the entire time. Are these crossovers really that over protective with these components or what? Ive never ran into this issue before. Using a 90hz HPF as well.
These passive crossovers have a design flaw.

So i purchased the AudioControl Digital sound processor and it had no difference on the Infinity crossovers. So i ditched them and went active. They sound so much more alive and get extremely loud without any distortion! I guess these crossovers are paperweights now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.