Competition dB freq?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zackster

Alabama
What frequency do the people at competitions play to get those crazy 150+dB ratings? I was able to get in the low 80 dB @ 30hz with my AB TNT 15'' running off of a Rockford Fosgate R1200-1D. I don't expect to be getting 150dB with my setup, but I was curious as to how they get that high because I'm flexing my door panels with my setup...

Box Specs:

Box: Width- 38'' Length- 20'' Height- 22''

Port: Width- 4'' Length- 40'' Height- 20"

Low 80? Most door speakers are louder than than. That sub should be at a minimum of 130+db at 30hz. How did you meausre that? Did you use an app on your phone? Those cant pick up loud frequency with any accuracy. But to answer your initial question, the peak freq is usually around 52-60. But ive seen people do 150+ at 25hz

Yes it was an app on my phone. plus the volume was only about 3/4 and the gain on the amp at a little more than half. I'm afraid to go any louder on my head unit considering I still have stock speakers and I'm afraid they'll blow

Yes it was an app on my phone. plus the volume was only about 3/4 and the gain on the amp at a little more than half. I'm afraid to go any louder on my head unit considering I still have stock speakers and I'm afraid they'll blow
Need to set a high pass on your headunit. Take it to a real spl event and get it measured is the best way to see what db it hits

never use phone apps for that sort of thing. Its pure garbage. Only thing that works is a termlab, spl lab, SSA meter. Nothing else not even a small spl meter works. You are above the normal bounds of normal spl.

flex doesnt determine SPL as well. The frequency that puts you in the most pain in your vehicle should be your peak.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.