Combining PreFab Boxes.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Heathen

CarAudio.com Recruit
Auckland
I've a number of old enclosures which were included with Subs that I've previously bought.

Those Subs were put into enclosures which I created using the RE Audio calculator. Now I'd like to make use of these empty enclosures. It's a roundabout way of doing things, but I want to try something new.

I have two Kicker CompS 12" that I want to use for this project.

Using the two boxes in the attached image, I'd like to join them base to base (with an appropriate gap - held apart by top/back/bottom plates), and create forward facing ports where they join.

Is there some formula/online calculator I could use to figure out what size gap I would need in-between the enclosures? Or how much of the base plate I need to remove? Etc etc

Attachments

• IMG_20200922_212850.jpg
    IMG_20200922_212850.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 90
Further to my last post... I'm specifically wanting to know how to tune to a certain frequency.

Also, I do intend on having a divider in-between those base plates, so that I can keep both ports separate.

Those are not ported boxes and it's likely they are far too small to ever function well ported. That said if you have 2 identical subs and these boxes are identical volume you should be fine running both in the same vehicle.

Those are not ported boxes...

Thanks for the response.

The subs are identical, but with a difference of 0.1 Ohm between the coils. Either way I wanted them, and their port kept separate.

The volume of the boxes are in the upper range of what is recommended, by Kicker, for a ported box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.