Combining PreFab Boxes.

Heathen

CarAudio.com Recruit
Aug 18, 2020
Auckland
I've a number of old enclosures which were included with Subs that I've previously bought.

Those Subs were put into enclosures which I created using the RE Audio calculator. Now I'd like to make use of these empty enclosures. It's a roundabout way of doing things, but I want to try something new.

I have two Kicker CompS 12" that I want to use for this project.

Using the two boxes in the attached image, I'd like to join them base to base (with an appropriate gap - held apart by top/back/bottom plates), and create forward facing ports where they join.

Is there some formula/online calculator I could use to figure out what size gap I would need in-between the enclosures? Or how much of the base plate I need to remove? Etc etc

Attachments

Heathen

CarAudio.com Recruit
Aug 18, 2020
Auckland
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Further to my last post... I'm specifically wanting to know how to tune to a certain frequency.

Also, I do intend on having a divider in-between those base plates, so that I can keep both ports separate.

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
Those are not ported boxes and it's likely they are far too small to ever function well ported. That said if you have 2 identical subs and these boxes are identical volume you should be fine running both in the same vehicle.

Reactions: huberoy123

Heathen

CarAudio.com Recruit
Aug 18, 2020
Auckland
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Those are not ported boxes...
Thanks for the response.

The subs are identical, but with a difference of 0.1 Ohm between the coils. Either way I wanted them, and their port kept separate.

The volume of the boxes are in the upper range of what is recommended, by Kicker, for a ported box.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days