Clipping?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rukuzz
10+ year member

How do I prevent clipping? How can I test for it? Or how can I tell before I do some serious damage to my speakers.

I'm going to setup 2 Jl10wOs on my pickup & I don't wanna mess them up!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

First you have to install the system to see if it will clip the power supply. With your equipment it shouldn't but to check for it turn your lights on and in a dark place turn on the sterio with the car running. If the lights dim when bass hits, your amp is clippinr or running out of volts. Another thing to check is watch your volt meter. IF it moves alot when the bass hits you could have a problem. Your system isn't enough to require a cap so if your clipping the amp have your battery and alternator checked. Don't run a system clipping for long cause it can fry components of your sterio.

ok....well not to prove you wrong or anything....but....clipping happens when your gain is set too high.....the best way to prevent clipping is to set your gain properly....first off turn your sterio to about 3/4 way up.....then turn your gain up till you hear distortion.....then back the gain down a little....the gain will then be set for near maximum volume level w/out distorting....good luck.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.