clipping issues with alpine pdx-f4 need suggestions!

Participant count
  • Participant list

baseball9734

boston
i am powering 2 alpine spr-60c 6-1/2 2 way speakers with 1 inch tweeters with crossovers, and 2 alpine spr-69 6x9 coaxial 2 way, with the alpine pdx-f4 amp. the gains are only up to about a quarter of the way turned up, and the speakers are decently loud, but not as loud as they should be, if i put the gain up any more i start to hear the clipping. when the lpf switch is on no sound comes out of the speakers, very faint from back, sounds decent with the hpf on when switched to off it sounds horrible. any suggestions or fixes anyone can think of?

i am powering 2 alpine spr-60c 6-1/2 2 way speakers with 1 inch tweeters with crossovers, and 2 alpine spr-69 6x9 coaxial 2 way, with the alpine pdx-f4 amp. the gains are only up to about a quarter of the way turned up, and the speakers are decently loud, but not as loud as they should be, if i put the gain up any more i start to hear the clipping. when the lpf switch is on no sound comes out of the speakers, very faint from back, sounds decent with the hpf on when switched to off it sounds horrible. any suggestions or fixes anyone can think of?
With the frequency response of those speakers you shoud be using the HPF, they don't have good low frequency response. Try setting the HPF in the 45-55hz range, from there you can increase the frequecy if you are still getting distortion. You should be able to get clean sound from them but if you want more bass you will need to replace those speakers or add a subwoofer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.