Clipping Indicator.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Matts175

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a SIA 1250 amp. I set the gain with an oscilloscope using a -5db 40hz test track. Sometimes on certain bass heavy songs, the clipping light will blink, just for a split second. Is this perfectly acceptable or should I not see that light ever come on?

I have a SIA 1250 amp. I set the gain with an oscilloscope using a -5db 40hz test track. Sometimes on certain bass heavy songs, the clipping light will blink, just for a split second. Is this perfectly acceptable or should I not see that light ever come on?

A quick blink isn't gonna hurt anything. Really most systems will tolerate a small bit of clipping though no clipping is better.

You just don't want it lit for more than 1 or 2 second at a time

I dont trust those Clipping Indicators. They dont seem to be very accurate at times. Mass production and poor QC these days.. who knows if 3 out of 5 or 20 are the same or even accurate

I dont trust those Clipping Indicators. They dont seem to be very accurate at times. Mass production and poor QC these days.. who knows if 3 out of 5 or 20 are the same or even accurate
Why don't you trust them? It's a very simple circuit compared to the rest of the amplifier.

The clip light for my orion amp was spot on with my oscilloscope. It would be cool if more people would test their clip light so we could know how trustworthy they are in general.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...