Click if your smart

tRiGgEr
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
San Diego, Ca
Ok I own 2 RFD2212 Hx2's and need an amp 1000watts rms either @ 1ohm or 4ohm and 500x2 rms @ either 2ohm or 8 ohm. Price doesn't really concern me but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg. What is the best Quality amp for a decent price to run these??? Thanks

Thats a loaded question, there are many good amps, shitty amps and really good amps that will do this job for you. For me setting a budget is the best idea but as I am in the great white north our pricing is totally different than yours is. You have your choice of any class D amp that produces 1000w rms @ 12volts @ 1 ohm mono or class AB amp that is rated at 1000w rms @ 12volts @ 4 ohm mono. Yes there is a efficiency difference between the two amps, but the class D will probably draw more current at 1 ohm than the class AB at 4 ohm.

If I was in the market for a amp I would consider a number of things, is this just an amp or is it going to be showcased with another amp, if so do you want them to match? If yes looks also may be an issue. I generally turn a blind eye here.

A good class D amp, well there are lots, consider Eclipse, Xtant, Lightning Audio, Crossfire and more, for a 2 channel I know that Rockford makes a good Class AB 2 channel that would do the job really good for you.

I'm lookin @ class D amps, and looks don't really matter, budget lets say 0-350$ subject to change. Now I like everyone else do not want a crappy legacy or pyle so leave those sujestions out porfavor. Any thing in $200 price range would be perfect but am willin to spend more for quality. How are Hifonics Brutus and zues line??? Or JBL 600.1 and 1200.1???

Hifonics brutus is great! i have b1000xd powering a brahma. no longer a red hot waffle iron RF that i used to have. (rf was good, just the amount of heat made me nervous, i guess it's just the heat sink working.......)

the JBL 1200.1 is alright but 1 ohm stable? i'm not exactly sure.

The JBL is 1 ohm stable, it doesn't double the power into 1 ohm though. 500w rms @ 4ohms, 1000w @ 2 or 1 ohms. The prices on Ebay are around $250-$270 shipped most of the time. When it first came out, Car Stereo Review loved it, it put out over 1200w during the test. It does get hot though, but what 1000W+ doesn't.

The JBL is 1 ohm stable, it doesn't double the power into 1 ohm though. 500w rms @ 4ohms, 1000w @ 2 or 1 ohms.
It's more like 1x600 @4Ohm and 1x1200W @2Ohm and 1Ohm.

And to blackwind... yes that amp is 1Ohm stable

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.