Clean Sounding 4 Channel

Participant count
  • Participant list

novaman64
10+ year member

Some Squid
I have some MB Quart speakers that I am throwing into my 91 Mazda pickup. The fronts are DKE110, 4" speaker power rating 30-70W, and in the rears are going to be DKF116, power rating 50-120W. I don't want to spend over $300 on an amp. They are 4ohm speakers...

What are your recommendations to power these? I am guessing I need a 4 channel, something rated around 75W per channel??? What is the best quality sounding amp I can get to power my speakers for under $300?

For the lows I have a Pioneer TS-SW2541D powered by a Rockford Fosgate P5002.

i have a crossfire vr404 for sale for 175 plus shipping (obo) does 50x4 at 4ohms on 12.5volts.

im taking it to work today to snap some pics.

Might I recommend the Sundown Audio SAX-100.4?
Made by a great guy and they're VERY well built amplifiers.

Rated at 100 per channel, but they're probably a teeny bit underrated.

They have them on sale for $350 at the SSA shop

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Between the Fosgate, Alpine and Kicker, which is going to have the best sound quality? I am a little worried about the Fosgate amp because its seems lower than my speakers ratings... But I dont blare my music really loud and they are underrated.. so I should be ok, right?

Between the Fosgate, Alpine and Kicker, which is going to have the best sound quality? I am a little worried about the Fosgate amp because its seems lower than my speakers ratings... But I dont blare my music really loud and they are underrated.. so I should be ok, right?
at that quality level there's really no difference in SQ.

With a more powerful amp you'll have that extra bit of headroom that will generally give you a little bit more kick to the lows and crispness to the highs, but at 60 vs. 80 watts they'd be microscopic differences.

Everything I listed is a good amp -- get the one you like the looks of, or maybe the physical size, maybe the layout of connections and controls. IMO you can't really go wrong.

I personally place power/dollar at the top of my list.

Hes really now selling it for 165! hah BUT this Crossfire will blow most of those amps outa the water in terms of quality. . . but if you do NEED to buy new. . . then I would suggest infinity/alpine.
thanks for the promotion. i need to get this thing out of here. 04silverz is a ref, i sold him my nine.1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.