Class T amps?

Let's see here. A class T amp is basically a Class D amp with the Tri-path chip in it. It's as efficient as A class D amplifier but it's as clean as class A & AB. They sound pretty good but the one's I have dealt with from blaupunkt had a problem. If I placed them anywhere near the antenna for the radio my reception turned to pure crap. Check out this thread it's helpful. There is also a link to another thread about the subject.

http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=010028&p=

so if i do conesider getting this amp, will it have problems even with a blaupunkt h-u? and if so where should i put it so that it doesnt, would the trunk still work?

They were working on the problem shortly after they came out. They should have fixed them by now. I haven't messed with them recently. But if your antennae is mounted on the front fender and not the back you shouldn't have any problems. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif They are very efficient and quite small.

well my antena is mounted on the back near right tail lights, but i also heard that the class D amps have the same problem with the AM radio, would it matter because to be honest, i dont listen to the radio all that much.

Ahhhh wise one... you are learning //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif not if you don't listen to the radio that much.

alrigh, so if i dont really listen to the radio, would the blaupunkt class t amps be ok to run two blaupunkt pcwi 1200's?

I'm so confused. I thought the Blaupunkt PA2200 was a class T amp. The entire PA line is supposed to be class T. Am I missing something here, or am I just missreading your system components?

I think you are mssing something because the whole discussion was on the class t amp by blaupunkt, and yes all the PA blaus are class t:)

oh, i have never heard of class x amps...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.