Class D Amp in Center Console

Participant count
  • Participant list

audiokat

I'm installing this in my 1971 Blazer soon.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130GMD8604/Pioneer-GM-D8604.html?tp=115

There aren't a lot of out of the way locations to install. The driver seat it hard to get out and the passenger seat lifts up for access for rear passengers. Although that's my second choice I'm considering installing in the center console "pictured".

I'm curios everyone's thoughts on heat implications. The amp is class D and I won'd be bridging it or running subs or anything. Just listening to the sweet soothing sounds of John Tesh. :)

John Tesh will cause this amp to burst into flames, instantly. Not advised
Ha! I can only presume the stereo will instantly eject the CD as soon as it's inserted.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

joking aside, the stagnant air could pose a problem if the amp is being driven hard, but if its running at a low ohm load with the gains set low, you should be ok
Noted, I believe they will be running at 2ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.