clamping audiopipe 3000D

it can fit in my small saturn trunk fine...
Well I mean it would fit. But now I need a place for my 4 channel to go, my 2 batts to go. At that point its not worth it. Ill grab a bc2000 wire it down to .5 ohm and not have to move a single thing and have just about the same power just @ a diff ohm.

People can say what they want but I ran it with 2 custom 3hps and the amp was a beast and sounded clean. And I like my setups sounding clean for sq events.

Compare this amp to other amps heh. Start naming amps that do do the same power at 2 ohms for 3-4 hundred. Also you say size and shape I don't here people complaining about the memphis 4k yeah its a better looking amp but It is the same size actually bigger. I heard someone say no room for a 4 channel if you bought all ap it would take up less room then most other amps. I also would rather run ap than maxxsonics. If you wanna argue about clipped and unclipped it starts becoming a nonsense argument. Not one time except someone on a forum have I ever heard someone say I bought my amp based on a clamp test with a oscope. In fact usually People buy audio equipment like its a fad or something last month it was sundown now it's cresendo next month it will be dc or possibly fi lol. These are good companys but ap is descent for what it is and you don't have to bend over to get one.

im tired of the market being flooded with cheap junk..i buy amps based on more than a power spec.

id rather wait a month to get a clean well controlled amp..
And that's your opinion. I love my AP, it puts out the power it says it does, and you can say it's "cheap junk" but I have had not a single issue with mine. I'd hardly call an amp "cheap junk" when it can handle a .5 ohm load fine for daily usage and puts out over 3,000w for only $270 new with warranty. Not all of us have hundreds to spend on amps, the AP's have their purpose.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

ohm load doesnt matter and if you want subpar proformance buy the ap..but you cant clain anything with proof..

we dont even know if thats not a peak number?
He said he didn't have the multimeters set to peak and that what you were seeing was a constant power output. These amps have been tested again and again and they put out rated.

once you get a good amp u will understand..you have to measure for more than a few seconds as well..
I know how a good amp operates. I'm just saying that you really can't try and say the AP is a bad amp because it has it's purpose and that's rated power at a low price -- that's it. But at the same time you can't bash on it for being a junk amp because it really isn't that bad of an amp. Unless you buy used, you really can't beat this amp in price-to-performance.

And that's your opinion. I love my AP, it puts out the power it says it does, and you can say it's "cheap junk" but I have had not a single issue with mine. I'd hardly call an amp "cheap junk" when it can handle a .5 ohm load fine for daily usage and puts out over 3,000w for only $270 new with warranty. Not all of us have hundreds to spend on amps, the AP's have their purpose. 

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

He said he didn't have the multimeters set to peak and that what you were seeing was a constant power output. These amps have been tested again and again and they put out rated.

Im with u on everything u say up there but the bold part.. ap3000 .5 daily?? I will pay for proof. I think u meant 2ohm and it was just a typing error but if you meant .5ohm then. My money offer stands

im tired of the market being flooded with cheap junk..i buy amps based on more than a power spec.

id rather wait a month to get a clean well controlled amp..
ohm load doesnt matter and if you want subpar proformance buy the ap..but you cant clain anything with proof..

we dont even know if thats not a peak number?
once you get a good amp u will understand..you have to measure for more than a few seconds as well..
Who pi ssed in your coffee this morning? Ive ran tons of top notch Korean built amps and 4 ap3ks at different times, they are the best budget amp hands down. They come with a warranty so if something goes wrong you get it swapped out just like the other top names. The 3ks and the mini 1ks do rated its been proven time and time again. How often do you see a clamp test with a scope test on all these clamp vids of big power amps? Almost never. Are they cheap, sure are. Can you throw up decent numbers with them, yep. Are they prone to failure, yep just like any other amp

Compare this amp to other amps heh. Start naming amps that do do the same power at 2 ohms for 3-4 hundred. Also you say size and shape I don't here people complaining about the memphis 4k yeah its a better looking amp but It is the same size actually bigger. I heard someone say no room for a 4 channel if you bought all ap it would take up less room then most other amps. I also would rather run ap than maxxsonics. If you wanna argue about clipped and unclipped it starts becoming a nonsense argument. Not one time except someone on a forum have I ever heard someone say I bought my amp based on a clamp test with a oscope. In fact usually People buy audio equipment like its a fad or something last month it was sundown now it's cresendo next month it will be dc or possibly fi lol. These are good companys but ap is descent for what it is and you don't have to bend over to get one.
Clipped and unclipped signals are the root of the issue with these cheap amps.

In regards to the bold part trust uneducated people. Makes perfect sense. I guess the clown that says his Pyle 5500 watt amp for $67 is better than AP.

Who pi ssed in your coffee this morning? Ive ran tons of top notch Korean built amps and 4 ap3ks at different times, they are the best budget amp hands down. They come with a warranty so if something goes wrong you get it swapped out just like the other top names. The 3ks and the mini 1ks do rated its been proven time and time again. How often do you see a clamp test with a scope test on all these clamp vids of big power amps? Almost never. Are they cheap, sure are. Can you throw up decent numbers with them, yep. Are they prone to failure, yep just like any other amp
I can link you to bench tests that show the AP3K doesnt do rated.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

I can link you to bench tests that show the AP3K doesnt do rated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.