clamped creshendo bc 5500

I said they where not very good months ago when my BC2K didnt make power until it was clipped to hell. Nobody wanted to listen to me. I was having redicules voltage drop with it. Not all Korean amps are built the same.

I said they where not very good months ago when my BC2K didnt make power until it was clipped to hell. Nobody wanted to listen to me. I was having redicules voltage drop with it. Not all Korean amps are built the same.
Looks like they should have stuck with building those 3ks

The only reason I even have Crescendo is because there budget friendly. Part-Time for the Loss

On another note that is a lot of draw on that Sundown. Even on that Crescendo it seems excessive I have seen people run a 5k all day off of one 250amp alt and one 3400 and stay above 13.7.

Hopefully rated. I wasnt to impressed with my old BC2K at .5.. Super inefficent and it sounded bad. I was told it blew from being mounted on the box not from voltage drop. I believe it cause when it blew the voltage was in the 12s.
Thats an odd coincidence, because its sound to a T like what happened to my bc 2k. At first I loved the amp, seemed to do decent power. then I realized how easy it clipped, and then 3 monthes after owning it, something happened to it. (I never had drop below 12v). So, I guess you get what you pay for. There is a reason this amp is 339, and the saz2k and dc2k are like 175$ more. I have heard many bad stories about the 2k in particular. The 3kwp always got good reviews tho.

And to whoever asked about .5 power on the BC2k, it had been stated by someone who had claimed to clamp a bunch of cresendo amps to do about 24-2600w at .5, I wired mine at .5 for awhile. I never clamped it, but I do feel like it was making pretty decent power.

And if the 5500 is really drawing that much amperage, thats terrible

Thats an odd coincidence, because its sound to a T like what happened to my bc 2k. At first I loved the amp, seemed to do decent power. then I realized how easy it clipped, and then 3 monthes after owning it, something happened to it. (I never had drop below 12v). So, I guess you get what you pay for. There is a reason this amp is 339, and the saz2k and dc2k are like 175$ more. I have heard many bad stories about the 2k in particular. The 3kwp always got good reviews tho.
And to whoever asked about .5 power on the BC2k, it had been stated by someone who had claimed to clamp a bunch of cresendo amps to do about 24-2600w at .5, I wired mine at .5 for awhile. I never clamped it, but I do feel like it was making pretty decent power.

And if the 5500 is really drawing that much amperage, thats terrible
398 amps of current redid tests today idk wtf happened

Hopefully rated. I wasnt to impressed with my old BC2K at .5.. Super inefficent and it sounded bad. I was told it blew from being mounted on the box not from voltage drop. I believe it cause when it blew the voltage was in the 12s.
Sounds like you were completely doing it wrong......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

joshy629

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
joshy629
lawrenceburg ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date