Clamp and review of Pure Audio PA3000.1D

66v with sub hooked up and and I measured the final load with amp off don't have tools to calculate box rise
I see. Well... the one I tested only made ~ 22aca. Assuming around 2x rise if you're "clamping" around tuning, that's ~ 1,450w @ 3 ohms. And that's assuming voltage stays at 66 under load.

I actually have a BNIB one sitting in my car as we speak. I am going to run a full battery of tests on it so we can put all of this conjecture to rest.

I see. Well... the one I tested only made ~ 22aca. Assuming around 2x rise if you're "clamping" around tuning, that's ~ 1,450w @ 3 ohms. And that's assuming voltage stays at 66 under load.
I actually have a BNIB one sitting in my car as we speak. I am going to run a full battery of tests on it so we can put all of this conjecture to rest.
Any updates?

Any updates?
would also be interested in updates...
I'm not ready to call it yet. I don't know if the one I have is a bad amp or not, but it was seriously ugly on the fixed resistors (like the AD-1 amp dyno).

It made 80v clean UNLOADED, but man... as soon as I put a load on it, it went to shit. It was ugly.

I could NOT make it do clean power. It did 2600w @ 1 ohm fixed with 57% efficiency at the gain position where I set it unloaded, but good lord the distortion. And it got hot as fish grease in no time.

I eased the load to 2.5 ohms and STILL couldn't get it clean under load.

Here's a screen shot of the video. This is like volume nothing on the HU. It's making 6.7 ac volts at 2.5 ohms here. With a clean 13.6v from the power supply and drawing ~ 6A. That's a whopping 18w and the wave is here...

Dirty much?

Here's the screen shot of the 1ohm fixed load test. 51v would be great if it was clean.

I'm not sure what's going on with this thing.

I'm not ready to call it yet. I don't know if the one I have is a bad amp or not, but it was seriously ugly on the fixed resistors (like the AD-1 amp dyno).
It made 80v clean UNLOADED, but man... as soon as I put a load on it, it went to shit. It was ugly.

I could NOT make it do clean power. It did 2600w @ 1 ohm fixed with 57% efficiency at the gain position where I set it unloaded, but good lord the distortion. And it got hot as fish grease in no time.

Here's a screen shot of the video. This is like volume nothing on the HU. It's making 6.7 ac volts at 2.5 ohms here. With a clean 13.6v from the power supply and drawing ~ 6A. That's a whopping 18w and the wave is here...

Dirty much?

Here's the screen shot of the 1ohm fixed load test. 51v would be great if it was clean.

Ouch.Thanks for the update.I'm good on this amp.Thats crazy lookin.

Dirty much?

hmmm.... thats kind of odd seeing that you clamped that the amp for that guy and it did seemingly clean power, but this time its **** dirty.......... odd //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Dirty much?

I HATE bringing up old posts but you never did say if the amp you tested was defective since you had two different amps with different results.

Maybe you did in another site or topic but I didn't see it. I noticed the was almost a double in price for this amp now.

I HATE bringing up old posts but you never did say if the amp you tested was defective since you had two different amps with different results.
Maybe you did in another site or topic but I didn't see it. I noticed the was almost a double in price for this amp now.
I gave up on it.

Although... I just stumbled across something the other day that's making me consider revisting it. Hmm...

I'll update if I get new info.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

ExaltedAudio
Atlanta, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date