Clamp and review of Pure Audio PA3000.1D

All right guys, this is not the dome... and you all made your points. Just let this post die off until he gets around to actually testing the amp.

Ok here is the low down

Testing at 14.7 volts

I am getting 66.4 volts ac out of the speaker

And I got 1.6 ohms

So according to the math 66.4^2 /1.6 I get 2,755.6 that is with gains right below clipping levels and tuned frequencies for my box

Now hope that makes some people happy I need my tools at my shop to get some dead on readings

On a side note amp gets hot fast even with good power

I'm going to play some more music on it and pull out my oscilloscope and nice ddms

Btw I just got back from vacation 2 hours ago

I am surprised with that output. That's a little higher than I thought it would be, especially at 1.6 ohms. Any idea on efficiency at that ohm level? Would love to see readings at 4 and 2 ohms. A good fan would fix it nice. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

I'm waiting on some goodies to arrive I ordered for work fluke is very good to me new ddm I believe the 117 the clamp 322 and a very nice scope so ill do more later and ill work on those 4 ohm readings tonight I have it wear I can change my vc config on the fly

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

And also to keep in mind I gotta kick a$$ electrical

Ok here is the low down Testing at 14.7 volts

And I got 1.6 ohms

So according to the math 66.4^2 /1.6 I get 2,755.6 that is with gains right below clipping levels and tuned frequencies for my box

Now hope that makes some people happy I need my tools at my shop to get some dead on readings

I'm going to play some more music on it and pull out my oscilloscope and nice ddms

wired to .5ohm before rise right?

Ok here is the low down Testing at 14.7 volts

And I got 1.6 ohms

Did you just measure the ACV at the terminals with it unloaded? Or did you get 66v with the sub hooked up? How did you arrive at the 1.6ohms? Your voltage held 14.7v? What does "tuned for the frequencies of my box" mean? How did you set the gain?

I find it very difficult to believe that amp is going to make 66 amps. That's D5 territory.

Did you just measure the ACV at the terminals with it unloaded? Or did you get 66v with the sub hooked up? How did you arrive at the 1.6ohms? Your voltage held 14.7v? What does "tuned for the frequencies of my box" mean? How did you set the gain?
I find it very difficult to believe that amp is going to make 66 amps. That's D5 territory.
66v with sub hooked up and and I measured the final load with amp off don't have tools to calculate box rise

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

ExaltedAudio
Atlanta, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from