circuit breaker amp fuse rates?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Arawak420
10+ year member

We Are Creatures Of Love
im running a fosgate t1000.1bd mono amp and a fosgate p400.4ch amp.

the t1000.1bd takes a 150amp fuse.

the p400.4 takes an 60amp fuse.

will an 180amp breaker be enough or should i go with the 200amp breaker? i know these amps aren't 100% effecient.

thanks in the timely manner i get these ?'s answered.

Go with the 180amp.

The fusing on the amps is in the event of absolute maximum current draw so a smaller circuit breaker rating will work well and possibly save you from having to replace fuses by going into protection before the fuses blow.

One thing to note is that a circuit breaker works differently then a fuse, a fuse and a circuit breaker don't blow the instant its maximum capacity is reached.

A fuse will heat up, and if exposed to its maximum rating for longer than a few milliseconds will melt, a circuit breaker will withstand its maximum current draw for a little longer before it flips. Amplifiers draw current in relation to the music they need to amplify so peak current draws are very fast, faster then the amount of time it would take to flip the breaker so you can usually get away with a smaller breaker without any problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.