colossus or orion 2500d?

BlackonBlack

Canada
I know the colossus is more powerful. Been doing a lot of research and reading opinions on these subs. Some say orion is better quality.

I'm probably looking to drive two 12" or 15" RE. Waiting for the new XXX line.

But right now I just want to pick out a great amp. Not looking to break records, but I am looking to turn some heads. This is also mainly going to be for daily use too.

Orions > Hifonics

I hate to be like an english teacher but....and why?

I've decided i'm going to go for more sq but at the same time I still want it to be plenty load. Not sure if that changes anything between the subs.

but thanks for your reply.

I'll say this (I love bargin power amps):

I purchased three BX2200D's, and all three failed within 3 weeks of being put to use. All three failed from manufacturer defects; no smoke, no punishment. Heck, one of them a power bus bar fell out of the side of the amp that had not been soldered in good.

Sent them in for warranty: Exchanged one of them for a Lanzar OPTI2000D (it is still going strong, but I just sold it). Exchanged the other two for BX2005D's and one of the BX2005D's was DOA. Still waiting for a replacement.

Now maybe it is my luck, but I know two other people that have had bad luck with them too.

If you get one that is put together right, they make good power for the $$$. But I personally am tired of return shipping costs and down time without my system.

Went to a Lanzar OPTI4000D and have been hammering (4) Avalanche 15's for three weeks now with no problems.

Brian

I hate to be like an english teacher but....and why?
I've decided i'm going to go for more sq but at the same time I still want it to be plenty load. Not sure if that changes anything between the subs.

but thanks for your reply.
i'ts LOUD Mr. English teacher //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I like the Orion over Hifonics, but you might wanna wait until you get T/S and specs on the new XXX before you buy an amp.

i'ts LOUD Mr. English teacher //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I like the Orion over Hifonics, but you might wanna wait until you get T/S and specs on the new XXX before you buy an amp.

hahahah ops..i was more being sarcastic then anything but yeah I stand corrected.

Oh yeah dont get me wrong I wont be taking out the good old credit card until the new xxx's are out. But I figured in the meantime I would do some research and at least narrow down my search until the time comes.

Would the Orien be more of a SQ amp? I'm really looking for quality and I dont want to have to send it in for repairs like everyone i'm sure.

Any ways thanks for the help so far.

I was told the kind of amps was the colossus but then when I looked around the orien was so highly recommended.

if u r getting more then one of new RE xxx get 2 2500ds //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif they will handle 2000w rms+

i'd go for the orion, it has been proven 2 be an greater amp, alot of my buds that are on team hifon and run there equipment and are havein to many problems wit there amps. most of them say they was tol to use an linedriver. most of them wont be runnin there equipment and all are comin over to orion. u juss cant ask for an better amp, period. collosus is an awesome amp, but reliability is my issue wit them.

dont even wait for the new xxx's man, ull get gray and old. just grab the current ones and get 2 orions for 2 15's and u will be the envy of ur town

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.