Chronic Car Audio Wrecked my 58 Chevy

I will be updating the site everyday. I will post more pictures of the GTO and my 58. I will also post the dealership receipt for repairs of the GTO w/ comments.

Thanks for checking out my story!!

BB did my GF's car speaker install. Never again.

Each of the 4 speakers were held in by ONE 1.5" drywall screw, and the front 2 doors screws were loose so that they would clear the window when it came down. They also didn't even bother removing the stock rainguard (which was in the way) so they screwed the speaker akwardly over that.

I want to work in their install bay just to clean up the installs and raise the Quality bar from black hole to decent.

Edit: to the OP; That blows. I can believe 5k damage because of the term 'stealership'. Also, WHAT THE F(japanese name)K were they doing driving your car at A: 35 MPH and B: into a wall.

That is all.

my question is why you let them touch two of your cars? or which one is yours? kinda hard to tell or maybe I just missed something in that novel on the Biscayne page //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

the workmanship was poo on the GTO, but its all proportional to what was paid to them.

Not to downplay your site, but please show me where there is $5000 worth of damage on that '06 GTO...
yea to re-cover the seat bottom with OEM you're only looking at maybe $300 and thats OEM, im thinking more like $215 ish, the gromet's on the car rang from $.42 - $3.25 OEM, amp wiring, well you screwed there, you had a system installed you mus be specific, but where else would they put them? and the broken panel, maybe $125 at the most...i mean those are mitchell prices (aka global haha)

I dont care what I was getting paid, I put my name on anything I do, I want people to be able to tell other's I installed there system....And be happy about it, I coule never even think about leaving some **** like that in a car...Thats jsut ****ing crazy

Dude...I can only sit back and laugh. You went to a place called CHRONIC car audio. Good lord, how could you be so ******* stupid?

Wow man Im sorry to hear about your cars. I deal with a lot of high end cars, and only accept 5-10 cars a year. All I have is a small 16x32 steel building on the back of my dad's land. I have pretty much everything I need at my disposal there, having worked in corporate shops for many many years first. And in those years I have seen many many panels and whatnot broken, and ppl try to cover it up. Heck in the 06 Z06 that I did a month or so ago, I broke a panel, it was my fault, plane and simple, so what did I do, as soon as the owner of the vehicle came over to check out the progress(about 1am, only had 2 days to do the install), I told him. Told him I could have another panel tommorrow, since my brother is the manager at a GM dealer body shop. People come to me by word of mouth, and then I choose what cars I do and what I dont want to do, I suggest to some of my friends shop in the area. Basically all Im saying is, in a round about way, is just do alot of research before you take your car to a shop. And for shop owners/managers be honest, you have insurance, use it, everyone can make a mistake sometimes. At one of my shops the policy was, the first time you break something, they pay for it, after that its on you, you do it repeatedly, and you are getting the axe homie.

I hope everything works out for you and the GTO owner. Goodluck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.