Choosing the right amplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list

rfisk

ma
Hi I'm new to this forum was hoping to get some help choosing the right amp for my system.

I have for front speakers Polk db6501 100rms each, the rears are db461p 50rms each and a 10 inch Rockford sub 200rms. Someday I hope to add another sub of the same size and power.

I plan on amplifying the front speakers and obviously the woofer but not the rears. Space is an issue in my ext. cab 2500hd so one multi channel amp would be better. Was hoping to keep the amp under $250. Any help would be great thanks.

The jbl looks nice but is a little out of my price range though. The Precision amp seems to fit the bill, I have been considering amplifying the rears as well. As anyone ever ran either of these amps?

Can 5 channels have AB and D circuitry like the 3 channels do?

Yes they can. skar has one that might fit here. Leave the PPI alone, PPI is power acustik now. 

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

T-60.4AB-500.1D - Skar Audio 5-Channel Class A/B T-Series Amplifier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GGXYYBQ/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_t6I6ub1S62WXX

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GGXYYBQ/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_t6I6ub1S62WXX
i wish people would stop shitting on ppi if you have never use one.

and no im not saying they are the best.........

but im running the ppi 7000,1 amp and its a great amp, never gets hot, puts out power. i would buy another..

if i had more money would i buy another one,,, no but if you dont have alot of money its a good amp.

also everybody seem to like the ppi 1800 amp.. put out good numbers ..

Sure. Don't get in the mind set you have to have a ton of power. Having more than you need is a great thing but not always affordable. Quality over quantity. There is nothing wrong with underpowering either

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.