DD M4a or DC 9k?

Depends on a lot of things.
Powering some Fi BTL N3's. Will be run conservatively at 4 ohms nominal until I add another alternator and many more batteries.

Currently have one XS D3100 and a 320 amp hairpin Singer alternator. Idle is between 1.5k and 2.5k rpm, so I park and pound a lot before school

Thats like making a decision between eating steak or riding a horse lol ..they have no business in comparison
Thought since they were both big amps that it was a reasonable comparison. They were similarly priced.

I know the M4a is great on low voltages and real-world. At least now, I don't need an 18v capable amp.

7k or 9k? I'd choose 9k
9k. I was looking at the ones on caraudioclassifieds:

FS: 2 x DC AUDIO 9KS!!! - Car Audio Classifieds

Actually, I've now decided to go with Cwill5's M4a if he will take my offer. It fits my application better, and is a great price.

Thanks for the replies everyone

Powering some Fi BTL N3's. Will be run conservatively at 4 ohms nominal until I add another alternator and many more batteries.Currently have one XS D3100 and a 320 amp hairpin Singer alternator. Idle is between 1.5k and 2.5k rpm, so I park and pound a lot before school

Thought since they were both big amps that it was a reasonable comparison. They were similarly priced.

I know the M4a is great on low voltages and real-world. At least now, I don't need an 18v capable amp.

9k. I was looking at the ones on caraudioclassifieds:

FS: 2 x DC AUDIO 9KS!!! - Car Audio Classifieds

Actually, I've now decided to go with Cwill5's M4a if he will take my offer. It fits my application better, and is a great price.

Thanks for the replies everyone
If u can get the dc9k for close to the price of the m4a you would be a fool to pass on that..dont be that type of dd nuthugger to throw was a free 2-3krms just to run all dd

If u can get the dc9k for close to the price of the m4a you would be a fool to pass on that..dont be that type of dd nuthugger to throw was a free 2-3krms just to run all dd
The 9k would be $300 more and is not in the best cosmetic condition. M4a is brand new in box. In my next build, the only DD product I would have had is the composite cones on my N3's. I do like DD, but don't recommend them to everyone.

The 9k would be $300 more and is not in the best cosmetic condition. M4a is brand new in box. In my next build, the only DD product I would have had is the composite cones on my N3's. I do like DD, but don't recommend them to everyone.
Yea i understand ..thats a decision u have to make ...whats wrong with the banda 7k?

Yea i understand ..thats a decision u have to make ...whats wrong with the banda 7k?
Honestly, nothing wrong with it. These are the reasons I am switching:

1. I am mounting my amps in the trunk, and would like a remote clipping indicator. I know they are not 100% accurate, but better than nothing. The Banda only has one on the amp itself.

2. You can burp with it and not worry. I wanted to compete at local shows this year for fun. I am not going to be a serious competitor chasing tenths.

3. You can wire lower and get closer to rated power daily. In the future when I have awesome electrical, I may want more amplifier output.

4. Not too much respect for running Brazilian amps on here. They don't put out rated power daily because of impedance rise (but Korean's don't either when wired to 1 ohm).

5. The M4a looks awesome and is huge. Same for the 9k. Also, they are tanks. Haven't had reliability issues with the Banda, but I still like piece of mind

M4a isn't huge it's actually tiny for a 7k ... Just throwing that out there .. That's actually why a lot of people choose it ..Also it protects at 15.something .. But I've been told by numerous people they've had luck powering the amp up then rolling up the voltage

Depends on the amp. I had two at one time, one would protect at 15.4, the other wouldn't protect until 15.8

M4a isn't huge it's actually tiny for a 7k ... Just throwing that out there .. That's actually why a lot of people choose it ..Also it protects at 15.something .. But I've been told by numerous people they've had luck powering the amp up then rolling up the voltage
Its not as big as other amps in that power class, but its a lot bigger than the Banda.

Most my electrical hits is 15.2 when its really really cold outside, so that shouldn't be an issue.

You gonna sell the banda?
Yep, after I receive the M4a I may do some comparisons. Local shop has a meter and I've got stuff to clamp test. Hopefully I can find the time to do it.

After that, I do plan to sell. You interested?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

adulbrich

5,000+ posts
Olive oil un-virginer
adulbrich
Ames, Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date