Choice of Car for Next Install? Jetta or Civic?

Which Car to Get?

• Total voters

Apoc
10+ year member

Buying 1st System
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting either a Jetta (00-05) or a Civic Hybrid (03-05) and I just wanted to check with some of you on here to see which would be easier to install a system in. I'm moving from an 01 Impala LS but the gas mileage for them is just too tempting.

I've got a 15" Brahma and a big custom box for it which most likely won't fit in either of the cars. I've got some Crystal ssc6 (not sure if thats the correct model number) that are still in the box and I haven't had a chance to install yet. They wouldn't fit in the Impala without me building some door pods and that takes a little more time than I have right now.

One other thing, will the stock equipment in these cars support my system with 2 amps running or am I going to have to upgrade an alt?

So, let me know what you think....Civic....Jetta....Or Other. If other, please post which car you reccommend. I'd prefer it be 30+ MPG

reliablity?...Civic ftw

who was it that says you cant make Civic Hybirds look tight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

honda-civic-hybrid-sports-2.jpg

Civics have one of the highest reliability ratings of all cars ever, I'm not sure about the hybrids though. Volkswagon isn't known as a highly reliable car so 132k might be a bit much. How well they were maintained would play a huge factor as well.

Crystal SSCS's are big, they just barely fit in the doors of my 96 Accord with custom MDF mounts. Civics usually have less room so I would be surprised if they would fit without some modification. I have ~160wx2 for the SSCS's and ~240wx2 for my subs and the stock electrical system is fine for the Accord. How many watts do you have?

Well, anytime you get a car that has some miles on it you are going to have some maintenance / repair work along the way. But given the fact that VW is a TDI, then the engine should have a lot of life left on it.

My understanding is that with a Hybrid you know that you are going to have to replace the battery which is very expensive. Something to look into.

not too mention when it comes trade in time i traded my 01 civic with 89k miles on it for 7200... it had dents and the interior was all stained..... im sure trade in values on the VW must be decent but you cant beat trade in on a beat up car for 7 grand.

Thinking about the Civic Hybrid right now, what's it going to be like setting up a system with it. Will running a couple amps off that battery significantly drop gas mileage? Will it wear out the battery? What costs are involved with the civic?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...