Chicken breast or pork chops?

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
Dec 31, 2017
St.louis, MO
you know what really grinds my gears? when 1 chicken breast weighs 1lb or more you know its gonna taste like rubbery shiat. Wife did some grocery shopping and ive told her too many times not to buy chicken breasts the size of a fuggin football because they are roided up and injected with nasty "solution" a

OP
Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Lol, not really but I could. I love salad, I eat one almost every day.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
These things are not good at all. I had to double check to make sure I didn't accidently pick up a dog treat.

OP
Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Overall not a good day as far as meat snacks. Not the worst jerky I've had but far from the best.

THATpurpleKUSH

Smoke weed everyday
Sep 30, 2009
Banging gears and passing queeers
Overall not a good day as far as meat snacks. Not the worst jerky I've had but far from the best.

I had the Teriyaki version of that stuff about 9 months ago, it was awful. I ended up throwing it away because it was that bad. 

The best jerky I've ever had was some homemade stuff from a tiny liquor store off the first exit when you cross the Mackinaw bridge into the upper peninsula (Michigan)

OP
Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
I had the Teriyaki version of that stuff about 9 months ago, it was awful. I ended up throwing it away because it was that bad. 

The best jerky I've ever had was some homemade stuff from a tiny liquor store off the first exit when you cross the Mackinaw bridge into the upper peninsula (Michigan)
The worst I've had came from a dollar store, the taste wasn't horrible but it was mushy. The best is deer jerky that a friend of mine makes. My fav store bought is Old Trapper.

wew lad

wew lad inc
Mar 22, 2015
MA
Kinda curious about this. Has anyone else noticed starting 3-4 years ago how disgusting chicken has become? I can't get a filet of chicken from the grocery store that isn't loaded with disgusting brine that tastes like it came out of a pig. It's totally ruined any recipe I make that includes chicken breast

OP
Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Kinda curious about this. Has anyone else noticed starting 3-4 years ago how disgusting chicken has become? I can't get a filet of chicken from the grocery store that isn't loaded with disgusting brine that tastes like it came out of a pig. It's totally ruined any recipe I make that includes chicken breast
Where do you shop? I usually buy my meat from Kroger and it's always good.

OP
Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Trying a new brand tonight, good stuff. May be my new fav. I wish I thought of this sooner, I should have been making jerky review vids on IG the way Dave Pirtnoy of Barstool Sports does pizza reviews.

OP
Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Have a feeling tonight's gonna be an interesting one. Started off earlier with beer, then had some white wine, then some red wine, and now back to beer. Atleast I have muh jerky and even some chips for the fux of it.

OP
Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
This stuff's actually really good. Must be that Sweet Baby Ray's Mark Zuckerberg loves so much. Gonna have to buy more of this from now on.

OP
Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
New brand. It's not bad it just doesn't have much flavor at all. Gotta get me some more of that Brigdford Sweet and Spicy, that shit was good as hell. Not sweet at all to me with just the right amount of spicy. One of my favs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds