Chicken breast or pork chops?

THATpurpleKUSH

Smoke weed everyday
Sep 30, 2009
Banging gears and passing queeers
Marinade... hmmm... but why? Pork Chops are pretty tasty without being drowned in sauces. I got a challenge for you... well, for everyone if they like. I am gonna hook you up with my pork chops. Try them, tell me what you think.

4 ingredients:

1 - Olive Oil

2 - Salt

3 - Pepper

4 - 1.5" - 2" Thick Boneless Pork Chops

Items needed:

1 - Cast Iron Grill Pan

2 - Stove Top

3 - Oven

Cooking instructions: There is a very similar video on YT as well.

Cover pork chops with olive oil on all sides. Then salt and pepper all sides. Use a good amount of both. While the pork chops are resting go ahead and set the oven to 400 degrees F and go ahead and heat the grill pan up over high heat until it just starts to lightly smoke. At this point add the pork chop(s) to the grill pan and sear 2 - 2.5 minutes on each side. Place pan into 400 degree oven. Cook for 10 min per inch of thickness. 1.5" chop - 15min, 2" chop - 20min. Let sit for 5 min then devour the most juicy and delicious Pork Chops ever.

View attachment 5536
I have one of those grill pans, just need to season it first. Had it for 4 years now lmao one of these days I'll get around to it. 

Marinating any meat makes it more tender, juicer and flavorful. I usually cut mine into thin strips after grilling and turn them into tacos. Marinades make all meats better. A good dry rub can be good too if it's had time to sit and work its magic. 

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
I have one of those grill pans, just need to season it first. Had it for 4 years now lmao one of these days I'll get around to it. 

Marinating any meat makes it more tender, juicer and flavorful. I usually cut mine into thin strips after grilling and turn them into tacos. Marinades make all meats better. A good dry rub can be good too if it's had time to sit and work its magic. 
It's my favorite pan. I haven't tried steak in it yet. I don't own a grill but I will try steaks in it just to see how they turn out. My brother like rare to medium rare and I like medium. He also likes a lot of fat in his meat... I do not. I know what you mean about the marinades, some flavors enhance the meat or make it more enjoyable to eat. Like me with steaks. I love A-1 to dip my steak in. My brother says I am stupid and steaks don't need sauce. Ehhh to each their own.

OP
Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
It's my favorite pan. I haven't tried steak in it yet. I don't own a grill but I will try steaks in it just to see how they turn out. My brother like rare to medium rare and I like medium. He also likes a lot of fat in his meat... I do not. I know what you mean about the marinades, some flavors enhance the meat or make it more enjoyable to eat. Like me with steaks. I love A-1 to dip my steak in. My brother says I am stupid and steaks don't need sauce. Ehhh to each their own.
Noooo! Not a saucer! Lol. At least you didn't say ketchup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
Jan 22, 2010
Florida
I was in a hurry and got burger king yesterday.. Been years since i've had fast food. Now I remember why I stopped. Garbage....

OP
Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
It really is. I can't fathom how people can constantly eat it. Must be how a dog feels about eating dry dog food everyday.

• Thanks
Reactions: Popwarhomie
OP
Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
This bitch is three pages long and I don't think I've cooked any chicken titty. ??? So I went and got some. Will throw on the grill soon.

OP
Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Also soaking mine in a brine, not marinade, that I do sometimes. Basically extra salty pickle juice.

OP
Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Friend of mine made two different kinds of homemade ravioli. Crazy good! One was chicken with Alfredo mushroom sauce. The other beef with a tomato based sauce. The kicker is that after they cooked on the stove she smoked them on the grill. Easily best ravioli I've ever had. 

• Thanks
Reactions: THATpurpleKUSH

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
Dec 31, 2017
St.louis, MO
I need to get a smoker. Not sure if I want a basic one or one that autofeeds those discs. 
i had a basic barrel smoker made some of the best bbq ever on it but you gotta have a lot of time and patience, I then got a Bradley (disc hokey puck) smoker and it did a fair job but nothing like the barrel smoker, I plan to get a Traeger pellet grill and just do all my smoking and grilling on it.  

Last edited by a moderator:

THATpurpleKUSH

Smoke weed everyday
Sep 30, 2009
Banging gears and passing queeers
i had a basic barrel smoker made some of the best bbq ever on it but you gotta have a lot of time and patience, I then got a Bradley (disc hokey puck) smoker and it did a fair job but nothing like the barrel smoker, I plan to get a Traeger pellet grill and just do all my smoking and grilling on it.  
I've seen very mixed reviews on Bradleys and Traegers

OP
Slo_Ride

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
She says she only likes dark meat, so I I got chicken thighs and some ranch dressing. Getting ready to grill.

ThxOne

AudioFreak
Jun 8, 2018
Saint Marys, GA
I made myself a personal sized pizza at work a few days back. I will not do it again. There is literally ounces of oil in the pan that the dough floats in. Then I put an Alfredo sauce on it, a few meats and some cheese and sent it through the oven. The oven is hot, 460 degrees. I eat the pizza and I am good for the rest of my shift. 4a.m..... liquid shitz like a mutha phucker!!! Toilet was destroyed and it took some time to clean it. It makes me wonder... how many poor people are out there regretting their dinner choice instead of sleeping.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds