Chevy Head Light Style Swap?

TheJuggla1
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Surrey BC
I'm buying a Suburban Tomorrow Morning for a pretty good deal even though it is old.(94 but for only $1600, Its got a new engine transmission front ball joints breaks and like 65% tire, 4x4) I wanna do some work on it to make both the interior and exterior look nice, this is going to be my first vehicle(I drive a vehicle my parents gave me) I'm willing to put quite a bit into this vehicle since I wanna drive it for a good amount of my life and because of the new parts I won't have that many 'have to repair' problems I hope with this truck. But the only thing that really turned me off was the head lights

It's current head lights look like this:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee268/Allan-2greasy/th_headlight1.jpg

Now I find that style of lights is ugly, and want it to look more stylish like these head lights found on other Suburban/Silverados such as these:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee268/Allan-2greasy/headligh2.jpg

How am I going to go about doing it? Do I just find a Suburban/Silverado with that style of lights that is going for parts and buy the front off it and swap them that simple?(I usually don't have trouble with the wiring) Is there a name for the part that the headlights sit in that will help me on my search?

just buy the grill and headlights thats all you need and you can wire the new lights up no prob. easy easy easy swap bro.
I am pretty sure the fenders, radiator support, and harness is different.

I've got a 94 truck same style front as yours.

You'll need a new grill, and new light mounting sockets

Trip to the junkyard and luck is all you need to find the parts.

I've got a 94 truck same style front as yours.
You'll need a new grill, and new light mounting sockets

Trip to the junkyard and luck is all you need to find the parts.
So, that means you've done this before? Or just saying you have the same truck as me? I've been trying to find one going for parts so far no luck.

It's a '94? I didn't think that body style came with those headlights. My '92 Silverado and my buddies '94 Suburban both use the newer style lights.

Anyways, if it actually is a '94, then all you should need is the grill, lights and wiriring. All Silverado's and Suburban's of that body style use the same front clip.

It's a '94? I didn't think that body style came with those headlights. My '92 Silverado and my buddies '94 Suburban both use the newer style lights.Anyways, if it actually is a '94, then all you should need is the grill, lights and wiriring. All Silverado's and Suburban's of that body style use the same front clip.
Ya the odd ones do, I dunno why. I know most Silverado/Tahoe/Suburbans(I even think some astro vans work not 100% though) 92-99 use all of the same parts so my search isn't too limited.

Ya the odd ones do, I dunno why. I know most Silverado/Tahoe/Suburbans(I even think some astro vans work not 100% though) 92-99 use all of the same parts so my search isn't too limited.
Well '99 is when The Silverado went to the new body style, not sure about the Suburbans. '88-'98 Silverado's are all the same as well, so that opens up a few more years for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.