Chevy Cavalier AUX Input

Participant count
  • Participant list

zwhite93

I would like to add an auxiliary input to my 2004 Chevy Cavalier factory radio. It is an AM/FM/CD (single) unit. I know that there are converter boxes out there but here is what I would like to do. Can I make a Y cable out of all of my speaker leads, tie together the +'s and -'s into two leads, and run them to a 3.5mm plug? I am assuming I will need a small amp so that the battery isn't drained on the source (an mp3 player), and will need inline switches to reduce noise when I am not using the AUX input. Can I put one inline switch on the high side of each of the four + leads? I am aware that by tying all of the +'s and -'s together, I will loose all fade and balance, but I keep everything zeroed anyway, so that is no biggie. What would you recommended for a 12V amp? What other issues might I run into? Thoughts? Thanks

PAC audio makes one under the name Peripheral iSimple Gateway or something like that, they are stupid simple to install

Thanks, but the factory radio is a POS- otherwise I would add a conversion harness/box. The install doesn't scare me, I just would like some input before I go slicing and dicing. Thank you.

get a fm signal thingy. I used to have one for my S-10. I just plugged my ipod into it and picked up the music and channel fm88.8 What ever it is you think you going to do, wont work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.