chest crushing bass

punchy bass that you can feel 'IS' midbass.
ball shaking bass is felt in your ears and tickles, yet moves your hairs;)
by midbass, are u talking around 80 hz? cause yeah that does make it hard to breathe, but i'm talkin like seat jarring 30 40 hz, and thats not midbass.

midbass is usually considered 60Hz+
anything below is sub-bass, where **** starts shaking.
isn't that what he is talking about? at least its what i interpreted it as. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I think chest crushing bass comes from a few things. I belive cone area plays a big part in it. I personally think a low tunning frequency and lots of power are the 3 main keys. I used to have 3 JL audio w 3's pushed by a 1000 watt CROSSFIRE amp and that hit really hard but that was also in a smmall car a MUSTANG. The hardest hitting system I have ever heard was 2 CERWIN VEGA STROKER 18 in like a 12.5 cube box in a 2001 BLAZER 2DR. It was in a wall powered by 2 EARTHQUAKE D2's it hit so hard it seriously hurt my stomach. Thats no joke.

my W10GTi "pounds my chest" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif so does my Kappa Perfect 12VQ

edit: well not like two STROKER's would like bumpin said but yea

The hardest hitting system I have ever heard was 2 CERWIN VEGA STROKER 18 in like a 12.5 cube box in a 2001 BLAZER 2DR. It was in a wall powered by 2 EARTHQUAKE D2's it hit so hard it seriously hurt my stomach. Thats no joke.

That sounds like one hell of a system!

ok i think it sounds like i need some midbass. what driver can i get to get that punches hard and crushes ur lungs. i have a amp that dose 80 watts for 2 channels. any ideas?

im thinking about vr600cxi in my back window and 2 8w7's in the trunk. i have a 500/1 to run the w7's and im thinking of a e1200 amp for the midbass. dose that sound like it will have a tight sounding punch? I never used anything other then jl because to my ears they are great in sq.

250/w7 will not do anything for you.....

Two tempests in a 9^3ft enclosure tuned to 25Hz powered by a JBL 1200.1 would probably provide you with that which you desire, and it is probably one of the cheaper setups of those mentioned.

And also, to all of those who said "you need a lot of cone area and a lot of power", your statement is kind of off. Cone area does not really mean anything if the motor assembly only aloows that 18" cone to displace 3L. And more power is not always the key to haivng a louder system. In some cases, when increasing enclosure size drastically, more power can lead to undesired affects, such as bottoming out easily or completely destroying your driver in a jiffy. Read and do some research.

250/8w7 will push it because its rms is about 300 so it will not be max spl but it will have clean bass but i dont know much about coaxial speakers and which ones have a lot of mid bass any thoughts?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.