how about this comparision...

1) Absolutley no idea without knowing sub models being compared

2) Depends on what you consider "better"

3) The answer would be nothing more than a guesstimation.

*yawn*
no one can be hypothetical around here...

Ok, hypothetically speaking, there isn't enough information to even guess //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Refer to my first post

alright then... but no eD bashing...

1 15A.22 ported 2.2^3 @ 30hz 1000-1200 watts of the viper

vs.

2 12o.44 sealed 1.6^3 per sub 500-600 watts per sub off the viper

what are the advantages or disadvantages to each setup...

i know "better" is subjective...

well all things being equal (well lets say the same drivers save the size difference able to play in both types of enclosures. both enclosures to manufacturers specs). The one 15" has more cone area than one 12" to begin with (duh). then being in a ported enclosure it should play 3-6db louder over most of the low end curve (there goes the two subs to one advantage right there not to mention its a bigger size sub). Then on top of that your feeding it twice the power. The only advantage (theoretically speaking) the two 12"s should have is low end extension rolls off alot slower below 30hz and powerhandling may be greater.

I'm feeling the two sealed twelves, two 12s with over a kilowatt should be more than enough to satisfy the basshead looking for good SQ. They will have that sealed punch and be more transient than the single 15 ported. As far as SPL goes, I expect them to perform around the same.

thanks hundreth...

im thinking about stealing my gf's 12o.44 and running

it along with the other one i have laying around to

switch up the system...

i dont know though...

here is the best i can help you... 2 shivas getting 300 watts each in a 2.2 cuft box sealed vs. 1 ava 15" 3.5 @35hz with 600 watts. low end the ava wins but the high end of the shivas owned it due to the fact the yare in a sealed box and a relatively high qtc alignment. overall spl goes to the ava 15 for sure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

g30ffr3y

10+ year member
soul destroyer
g30ffr3y
buffalo, ny
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date