chest crushing bass

deagle44cmag
10+ year member

PA
I am buying a new subwoofer and selling my old 12w6v2. i want somthin that makes ur chest feel like its getting crushed that lets you feel the power behind the subs. dose anyone know what size woofer dose that is it the small 8"/10" or the bigger 12"?

all depends on the woofer, my MOFO use to pound my chest. More cone area = more sound and air pressure. I am not gonna say which sub is the best blah blah blah you know the drill.

Good question... Ur answer is whatever has the most cone area pretty much. 2 18s would basically be louder than 4 8inchers. I never really heard any eights besides a stock infinity in my Jeep Liberty and that doesn't make my chest feel like its going in.. My 15" Atlas does though(because its in a huge ported enclosure) :p

my bro had three w6's wired to 1ohm. dont know which amp he was running at the time but that **** hurt my chest and lungs the way you describe. i think they were 10's. and the old ones.

yea my neighbor has 2 10" subs and i can feel it a little but i want alot of that feeling. I was thinking more surface area might make higher db levels but smaller subs could punch in and out with more force because there is less mass and that force might cause that feeling. The 12w6v2 was alot louder then my neighbors subs but his had that kick in hte chest feeling. Could frequency have somthing to do with it?

i think he posted that he wanting some good 8's or 10's or possible one 12" that has very good bass....

as far as 8's or 10's, it will be hard to find some that put out bass as you are describing, but there are plenty or 12's out there that can get low....

I have one 15" audiobahn immortal, a buddy of mine who got in the car with me said this, "dang, that makes a ni*** wanna throw-up"

So as far as the bass you are describing, 15's would be the best

What kind of car do you have, how much money do you have to spend, if you let us know this, we can recommend some subs that would suit your taste...

http://www.aurasound.com/

below mobile audio on the left

BUT if u wanna go actual diaphragm speakers, no one can tell you what "chest crushing bass" is. i would assume that loyd's 8" setup has "chest crushing bass", so it doesn't depend on the size of the cone, just the overall displacement. a 10 may get it done, maybe not. just keep looking on here and look at people's numbers. i can almost guarantee u that anything above 135 will have that "chest crushing" feeling (scottie johnson's mts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif).

i would assume that loyd's 8" setup has "chest crushing bass"
slightly... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

chest crushing bass has a different meaning to different people...

what some consider "chest crushing", others would consider it very quiet..

most people that's sat in my car, define it way past chest crushing.... so they'd be happier with a couple 10's beating on them...

Loyd L.

from the looks of that "avalanche hair trick" video, two of those(15's) would be a good choice in a huge ported box.............def get your attention, i have yet to hear one but can't wait until that day comes.

What most people call 'chest pounding bass' is really midbass, not subbass.
i dunno. u don't feel higher frequencies as much. i'd assume that the lows are what shake ur balls off. i'm not sure, but thats what i would say

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.