Checked all wiring and speakers still cut out need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bigboy714

I already checked all my wiring / all my grounds / and the voltage when I turn on the system and still these infinity perfects still cut out in high volumes. I f*cken frustrated already dont know what to do. but what I did notice that for some reason the speaker terminals are corroded and I just recently installed the system 2 months ago. So my question is can the corrosion on the speaker terminal cause them to cut out? And if so what can I use to clean them without damaging the speaker?

If they are corroded, you could use something like a nail file and gently remove the corrosion. But if they are cutting out at high volumes, it would seem that the amp that is driving them is clipping, either the head unit or an external amp.

If they are corroded, you could use something like a nail file and gently remove the corrosion. But if they are cutting out at high volumes, it would seem that the amp that is driving them is clipping, either the head unit or an external amp.
i agree, if your postive you have check ALL your speaker wiring and ground and there not shorting then i would say it has to be your amp. What you can try doing is hooking up a dmm to w/e is powering your speakers. Then turn it up to where it cuts out, watch the DMM. If you voltage drops really fast when the speakers do its your amp. If the voltage remains the same but speakers cut out ide say u have a burnt spot in the voice coils, but both are doing this?

we don't know enough about the system to nail down a culprit.

list all equipment

explain how it is connected

pics help

yes, corrosion can cause an issue. doors get wet, that is why we want a water channel to direct water around the speaker opening so it doesn't run onto the speaker.

your problem can be from voltage drop or a slight short circuit (even one wire strand can do this). pics of your connections and we can comment if they are any good (close-up, non-blurry please).

well have a simple system really it's just a jl audio hd 600/4 running some infinity perfects for fronts and 6x9 pioneers for rears but I'll get some pics up as soon as I can.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.