Check out this box, cant figure out where to put my port.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ive been stressing over this box design for my daily driver, to figure out my port placement for it. I wanna do port forward but all i hear is bad things about it, i think if i do port to the rear ill be choking the subs off because ill only have like 4" between them and the trunk wall. But ill have around 4" box clearance to the trunk lid in the back, and around 9-10 to the lid in the front.

I was thinking about moving the subs as close to the cabin as possible, and putting the port upfiring in the rear, but i heard bad about that too. Ive got everything done except this **** box.

I want it to be around 13 cubes net at the least, and thats gonna be a squeeze but i can do it. I also have a trunk batt to fit back there, even though i have 2 big batts under the hood idk if i can get away with that. Its for some budget 15s, but i eventually wanna swap them for some AP-TXX 15s which reccomend 3.5 ported min and 4 max, so thats what im really building it for.

fbeq0p.jpg

firing up and firing back towards your trunk both work fine i've seen and heard them both with 4 15's but i would personally go with firing up just seems more ideal, anyways man don't worry too much about where the port is if its tuned right and everything is right it will pretty much sound the same either way, good luck

I figured it out today, i can build 2 7cf net seperate boxes, with a 7" space in the middle. Subs up and port back, unless i have room to port it up. The space in the middle will let me build the boxes wide all the way into the wheel wells and let me drop both in and slide them in. When theyre in there ill put them all the way to each side and put my 2 C&Ds in that 7" gap, and put a single piece 2nd baffle/flush mount across the top to hide my batts.

I figured it out today, i can build 2 7cf net seperate boxes, with a 7" space in the middle. Subs up and port back, unless i have room to port it up. The space in the middle will let me build the boxes wide all the way into the wheel wells and let me drop both in and slide them in. When theyre in there ill put them all the way to each side and put my 2 C&Ds in that 7" gap, and put a single piece 2nd baffle/flush mount across the top to hide my batts.
Sounds good. Good luck on the build!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.