"FREE BOX PLANS" not accurate

SacTownBully84
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
i went into the free box part and i found one that said it was 2cubes tuned to 31hz and when i type in the measurements into the 12volt calc. it says its **** near 3 cubes even if i include port there is only .65CF of port so whats the deal with this??? guess thats the "free" part LOL!?!?

yep it is wrong. if its the one i found, it should be .75" thinner on the 15.375" part

2cubes31hz2925sqin4kn.png

actually no dbl baffling this wouldn't fix the problem... if he built the box exactly how this is designed... because tech the baffle should be moved back .75 inches so the baffle shouldn't be mounted to the front of the port, but to the side. making the port wall closest to the sub be flush with the baffle, not be mounted under it using the sub baffle as part of the port tuning. if he adds a second baffle to the plate that is already there, the sub will be pulled further out of the box, giving a little more airspace, causing the tuning to go up slightly.... if the box has too much airspace now... adding more is the wrong way to go.... take the sub baffle off the box. and cut 3/4 of an inch off, and mount the sub baffle inside the box, so that the baffle is flush with the port, not sitting on top of it.

UNDERSTAND what i'm saying?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.