Check my box idea

Participant count
  • Participant list

krout206
10+ year member

This is the box design I have in mind. Its going to be a separate box mounted underneath a floor structure in the back of my civic hatchback. From what I've figured it should be 1.28ft^3 ported with PVC tuned to 35Hz. I plan to run a single 10" Kicker Comp VR. If some of you experts can check my dimensions and give me some feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

Go with 1.50 or 2cuft for better low lowes in the bass. Or a good bandpass will work grate for that sub.35hz is good for sql

u've got approximetely 1.18ft^3 after sub and port displacment.....assuming 3/4" mdf, schedule 40 PVC and a sub displacment of .05ft^3..if the sub is larger, then u've got even less volume...

but for most tens, that should be plenty..the cvr should do just fine in there...however, with the smaller volume (if u used 1.28ft^3 to figure tuning), ur tuning will be a bit higher...probably in the 36hz range..not enough to matter...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Do you think that setup will give me a good balance of SQ and SPL? Would it tend to lean one way, if so which? I'm looking for the best balance I can achieve but I guess I'm leaning more towards SQ. Thanks in advance.

it's hard to say..i don't know what u consider sounding good..

IMHO, it will give u a nice sql blend...and being a compvr..will probably lean more to the spl side of things...but sq is subjective, u might think,after building it, that it is more sq oriented.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.