Cheapest headunit with active crossovers.

Popwarhomie
5,000+ posts

Team Lethal Pressure
Central FL
Is it the Pioneer DEH-S6100BS? $100

My garage stereos Kenwood went out and I want to replace it with one that has active crossovers.

I want to say there was a JVC or something for $60 but i'm having a hard time finding one.

Last edited:
TTT

Pioneers site is annoying as fuc. Only show brand new models that places don't even carry. Crossover specs are missing 80% of the time...

This sites search feature is horrible now...

It is in my sig if its what your referring to... media deck /w/ 3 way capability /w/ adjustable xovers/slopes and levels within each band. It has a 13 band eq, a bunch of preset eq curves (Ugh), Imo a poor tuner section, no Cd and has time alignment. For my use it plays Bt well, connects quickly and with a Usb port so it's all I need atm. It's a lower voltage preout but who cares? My levels are set correctly and the price was right ($60-$80 or so /w/ dash kit & harness adapters)... it works, its functional... and inexpensive.
Once I'm done /w/ installing a third amp active fronts and lithium I'll probably upgrade later on down the road.
I never use the eq btw or time alignment so I can't speak to the quality or user friendliness but it's signal and it's what I could afford at the time. The tuner could be better imo but i listen to am talk/sports mainly when alone so idc.
Its a long way from other Hu's I've owned but works.

Thank you sir. Looks like it's discontinued now but I found a 360bts which looks like its the same for $70. I just wish manufactures would state the crossover specs.

All I really care about is it having bluetooth and good crossovers to run my mids and tweeters active. Will be running a Taramps DS440x4.

Last edited:
Emailed Crutchfield a few days ago and they got back to me just now and said the JVC x370BTS will be the cheapest new model with 2 and 3 way active crossovers. Figure i'll try it out and if I don't like it will return it and go with the Pioneer 522BS for $20 more.

Thanks for the help (y)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.