cheap truck audio system

Participant count
  • Participant list

DbRufus1234
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
my friend wants a new system in his truck right now he has a 12" MTX 5500 thunder and a no name amp so what he has now is not very good. i was wondering what would be a good sub and amp for under $300?? i was thinking many a 12" W3v2 and a 500 wattr profile amp but i dont know much about good cheap stuff so i figured yall could set me straight. oh yeah it has to go in a single cab Z71

well I'm sure in the correct box and a name brand amp putting actual wattage and clean power out it would make a world of a difference. But....if he really wants to completely change everything go with a hifonics amp, great budget amp that puts just about actual wattage out.

yeah i was looking at the hifonics amps, i was thinking about a BXi606 which is 600 watts and ohm 1, and then 2 12" 2 ohm W3v2 wired down to 1 ohm, but do you think a 12" W3v2 will fit in a single cab truck

look at mtx amps...they are really well priced for the power output

edit: in general; it is more about the setup than the hardware...do it right and it will sound good

BXI (brutus) will put otu close to rated at 14.4v, but its still usually cheaper than other higher end amps.

Does he want sq or spl? Max box size? Ported/sealed? What size sub/subs?

1-12" RE Se=~ $160

bxi1206d= $190

A little over, but no biggie. The Se should handle that amp fine with the gains set conservatively. If you go with used you can fit a RE SX within budget and it'll be happy with that amp also. (There's a SX 15" in the classifieds for $150)

BXI (brutus) will put otu close to rated at 14.4v, but its still usually cheaper than other higher end amps.
Does he want sq or spl? Max box size? Ported/sealed? What size sub/subs?

1-12" RE Se=~ $160

bxi1206d= $190

A little over, but no biggie. The Se should handle that amp fine with the gains set conservatively. If you go with used you can fit a RE SX within budget and it'll be happy with that amp also. (There's a SX 15" in the classifieds for $150)
the guy im doin it for doesnt really know like SQ and SPL term and stuff like that he, just wants something louder so more like a SQL system i guess, but yeah the SE sounds like a good deal but would it be hard to fit in a single cab truck and would the 1 12"SE be louder than 2 12" W3v2? because i can get a BXi606 for 130 and 2 used W3v2s for about 150-180 off of ebay? but it really boils down to what would be easier to fit in a single cab truck

I think he would be happy with the w3's. Just give them a good box ported like 2 cubes and he'd prob like it. The se will fit but I have no experience with them. Alot of people seem to like them but idk how they compare against 2 w3's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.