Cheap reliable parts???

Participant count
  • Participant list

thenewkid
10+ year member

I am looking now for quality parts at a reasonable price. I have always had an idea to put a full sized computer in my car an wire it up through the rest of the car. Does anyone know where i can purchase some parts an have suggestions on what parts to get?

The first thing I will need is to build the computer. I can just use a plain baige box b/c it will be in the trunk but i wasnt to know what I should put in it as in harddrive size manufatuer stuff like that. I would like to go to as few places as possible.

Here are the things I will need suggestions on. (Please if you can don't just give me a web address I would like to know the whole tread of the product if possible. It will make it quicker to find.) thank you

motherboard-

Processor size (preferably slower so it is cooler)-

ram(amount and manuf.)

harddrive-

lcd or crt monitor(size shold be small)

audio(could be good audio on the motherboard)-

keyboard(wireless would be awsome)-

mouse(^same as above^)-

a way to cool it(can be liquid cooled)-

if I left out an important computer component please add it.-

Well thanks for your thoughts I hope someone else will read this and think to do the same thing as I am doing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

www.pricewatch.com (just be careful)

or go to a more reputable place like newegg.com

however.. building a computer nowadays doesn't save much over buying one... just to let you know

check out the tomshardware.com forums. i buy almost every computer part from newegg.com, it's so cheap i dont even bother shopping around sometimes because it's almost a sure thing that it's the cheapest, or cheapest after shipping.

while building a really cheap computer doesnt save you a lot of money, in fact you might end up paying more, building a high end computer is still WAY cheaper than what a manufacturer would charge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.