cheap amps any good?

• Thread starter <dustinleavitt>
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 3K
&

<dustinleavitt>

I have been thinking of putting some subwoofers into my old ford piuckup single cab and i was wondering if a legacy or pyramid amp would have enough power to run a pair of tens are these things any good i dont have much money to spend and suggestions????

For the most part you get what you pay for.

Try to find a good sale on a higher quality amp.

Lanzar Vibe, US Acoustics, Profile Clarus are decent cheap amps.

In the case of not having much money for equipment, be very particular in how it is installed. Lower quality components CAN sound good if set up correctly.

Hello,

You'd be better off with Jensen amplifiers or Profile rather than settling for those legacy amplifiers. You can get a good amp for cheap. You may want to even go with the ebay or ubid route to try and get a cheap price. Bottom line is try to stay away from brands like legacy or pyramid. You won't be happy with the sound quality and the output it presents, and will be dissappointed with them.

Yea. Jensen are very good cheap amps. I had a pair of Jensens for some time running 2 8's for a time and 2 12's for the latter part of their service to me. I also higly recommend Kenwood's entry level amps. Very powerful and pretty damn cheap too. Steer clear of Legacy and Pyramid. Lots of problems. (Out of JcWhitney?) Another point to take into consideration is what TYPE of sub you're driving. If you're driving some low-end Pyramid or Pyle sub, the good amps will melt the voice coils in those subs like the Snickers bar your uncle sat on. Match quality to quality and crap to crap. It's the only way to play.

Check out Power acustic i run one on my 2 10's and iT sonds great

Just becuz a braND ISNT WELL KNOW IT DOSENT MEAN ITS NO GOOD

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.