changed battery, now sub pops when i tap brakes

radeeo

I'm hearing popping coming from the right rear in my 02 Explorer.

I think it's the factory sub.

I changed the battery and then this started happening.

it happens when i press on, hold, and let off of the brake

what is causing this?

I used to hear an amp pop when i started the vehicle, now that is gone after the battery change, not sure that has anything to do with it but I'm just trying to disclose everything.

I have not changed anything in my radio system or speakers in a couple of years.

researching this in here, sounds like it could be a grounding issue, does that make sense?

if so, how would i change the ground?

thanks

so im new to car audio and falcons how did you know that it was a grounding issue or can someone tell me how they came about knowing it was a grounding issue

so im new to car audio and falcons how did you know that it was a grounding issue or can someone tell me how they came about knowing it was a grounding issue
Well....we're not 100% sure that's the problem yet, but it seems to be most likely. I'll only find out after getting in there and attempting to fix it.

But I am leaning toward a ground problem because I search the topic comprehensively in this forum, other forums and google.

With all problems, i start by just typing into google........ what's happening and seeing what others with similar problems have done.

My idea is that......surely i'm not the first, or only person, to have this problem

lots of searching is the answer

Everything in your vehicle is grounded to your chassis. Essential it's the most direct connection your amp has to the electrical components of the breaks. ABS, wheel speed sensors, etc.

Everything in your vehicle is grounded to your chassis. Essential it's the most direct connection your amp has to the electrical components of the breaks. ABS, wheel speed sensors, etc.
you are correct but the grounding issue is not because of the ABS and speed sensors,its a ground loop with the break lights,as soon as they come on you have your grounding issue

I'm first now trying to change the ground to the factory amp as suggested but i can't figure out how to get the panelling off to get to the factory amp

searched google looking for "2002 ford explorer factory amplifier removal" among other terms and didn't find any help

crutchfield shows where the amp is with the panel removed in the link below....but no direction on how to remove the panel, (I have an Eddie Bauer so I'm assuming it's a Mach system)

2002-04 Ford Explorer Car Audio Profile

does anyone have a link to something showing me how to get the panel off or where to start?

It would help out tons!

thanks for all your help, people

I had a 2000 Mountaineer. The factory sub / amp was on the passenger side rear-tire area. Take out the plastic clips holding it in place, lift the carpet and take the screws out which hold the molding to the body, at least thats how it was on my 2000 Mountaineer which is literally a 2000 Exploder also.

maybe re-check your negative terminal on your battery and make sure all the connections are tight. weird that just changing a battery has givin you ground-noise from your break light?

After you check power and ground at amp and head-unit, you might want to check the signal connections from the HU to the Amp (RCA or Speaker?) A pinched RCA cable or one with a bad ground can pick up ground-loop currents from blinker and brake lights.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

radeeo

radeeo
United States
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jepalan