Change remote lock sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

thedj
10+ year member

Right now when I unlock my car with the remote it makes a whistle sound twice, and when I lock it, it makes a whistle sound once, is there a way to change the whistle sound by getting a new horn? I would prefer the remote lock sounds to sound like "tick tick" I dont like the whistle sound, does anyone know any good horns that make a good sound for the remote lock?

A different siren might work. Not sure what kind makes a sound like that. You could always just disconnect the siren and hook up the factory horn if you really dont like it.

factory bmw sirens sound good, you could try the programmable siren by scytek. It is a little pricey however
Yeah I like the bmw sirens but I cant seem to find any, do you have a link to any of them?

A different siren might work. Not sure what kind makes a sound like that. You could always just disconnect the siren and hook up the factory horn if you really dont like it.
I already have an aftermarket alarm fitted called the sniper x1 alarm system and it came with remote locking but I just want to change the sound that it makes when you lock and unlock the car, so I guess I just need to change the horn that was fitted under my bonnet of my car, I cant seem to find any online that have a sample preview of what it would sound like, if you have any links to any available online, I would appreciate it, thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.