cerwin vega stroker worth the recone?

enerlevel
10+ year member

asia
hi guys,

the stroker is the 1st gen. the cone and the upper spider are like new. the things which need replacment is the lower spider and the voice coil.

does anyone know the size of the voice coil? and the gauge used?

moreover, is it worth the recone? i am going to power it with 1000rms .

I'd love to have a first gen stroker. The ultimate oldschool boner sub. I almost had one once and when I went to test it the coil was already scratchy so I had to pass. Even to this day I am still on the lookout for one but usually if they even work people want waaaay too much for them. I say get her fixed up and if you don't like it hit me up .

very sweet:),,i just killed one of my stroker 15d2's at a comp im guessing it failed do to age and lack of use ,awsome find misfit.I might have to redo all four of my strokes

humm thanks for the link....

the problem with my stroker is just the burnt voice coil and a torn spider (lower one). the upper cone and surround is as good as new.

can anyone plz guide me how many layer coil , over diameter and size of wire should i use for the voice coil? for sure wants me to do some work on it with the positive comments i have in here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

This setup was in a van and it did a tad bit over 175dB

175dB.jpg

OP you retarded? you cant reuse soft parts you need the entire assembly but your in asia so i dont even know if psi would ship there and you need the proper glues Rubber Adhesive and CA glue

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.