certain order of wires to connect while installing amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

binks.333.binks
10+ year member

I bought a cadence zrs c65, but im waiting to get it replaced, but i just realized i may have messed up while hooking it up. Is there a certain way of connecting wires while installing an amp? I think i hooked up the remote first then negative then power last speaker wires... i think some strands from the power touched the remote and sparked a little.. could i have fried the amp?

Always install with the battery - post unhooked.

Never hook it back up until you double check all the connections.

Outside of that theres no order that should hurt an amp that has no power going to it.

if a fuse in my car blew that would stop the amp from giving sound but the amp will still turn on?
the whole point of the fuse is to cut off power once it's blown, and if the fuse has blown then the amp won't see any power. just check under the hood and find the fuse holder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.