Center dash speaker wiring and amp spec

Participant count
  • Participant list

BMDUBS

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
Hi all, sorry for the long newbie post!

I have a 09' BMW X5 with a factory system with a center dash speaker that is 3.5". The front doors have 3.5" also with tweeters higher up on the door, rear doors with 3.5" and 2 small subs under the front seats.

My question is about specifying an amp and how to wire the center channel. I wanted to get a 5 channel but most of these are set to run a sub with the 5th channel so have been thinking 1 - 4 channel for the front door speakers and wiring the center channel in with the front door speakers and the rear doors on the rear channel with a dedicated amp for the under seat subs. So total of 6 channels. Is this the way to go to retain fader/L/R control etc?

I saw a wiring diagram online to add the positive of the center speaker to the front left speaker positive terminal and the negative of the center speaker to the right front speaker negative terminal. Is this the direction to go to wire this? With 4ohm speakers what would this do to the final resistance the amp would see in this configuration?

Any ideas and direction would be most appreciated TIA

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...