center console enclosure plans for 15in FI-Q pics

Participant count
  • Participant list

Heavylifter
10+ year member

TN
How does this look for my setup. After looking at every different kind of combo I have decided on a 15in FI Q dual 2 ohm on the way that will be powered by a Sundown 1500v.2.

This will go into a 2007 F250 Harley edition between the back bucket seats.

This will be Sub down firing and port facing the drivers side behind the back seat.

If my calculations are correct I should have roughly 3.65cu after displacement and port area tuned to 28hz.

Any opinions on how this should sound or any suggestions.

BTW I could go larger internal volume if I dont do the slot port and did a couple 4in external aero ports.

IMG00521-20101214-1827.jpg

Top View

IMG00523-20101214-1831.jpg

Anyone? The 15 has already been ordered so going down in size wont happen now.

How would two 4in round ports sound compared to my drawings with alittle more internal box volume. I could not do two 6ins but could do one 6in and one 4in port.

I'm thinking the first design will work best?

I didn't check any of your calculations, but the overall design looks fine. Throw a 45* piece in the port corner and roundonver the inside and outside port openings the best you can, as well as add some bracing on the larger panels. With a 28hz tuning that thing is going to want to flex when playing low notes.

Thanks alot,

I guess I could face the sub forward if room would allow but not sure how this would effect the sound. Seems like the down firing would have the cleanest sound. This would put the sub in the center of the cab right behind the front console.

"If" I did face the sub forward I would not have to have the box raised 3ins and that would give me extra internal volume making it 4.25cu after port, displacement and bracing and would tune to 29hz. Is a better than having a 3.5cu box downfiring?

Here is a pic of where this will go and a mock up box checking width and height.

IMG00468-20101104-1852.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.